GU011: IRNV Scopes nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Konfuzfanten, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Marsodian

I read your post and interpreted it as if you were complaining about weapons being so nerfed the are UP, which is what nerfed to the ground suggests.

But sorry, my mistake. I read your post without acknowledging what you were replying to! it was just a slight misunderstanding :)
  2. usages wnbgrintooth

lol what's all the fuss about a little sway...we have dealt with it and I'm sure you all will as well...remember...you now have 3 seconds of breath to aim in. have read so many people post how gun sway is a good thing and a must for then Inf...glad to see it coming to a gun near you now...it is a good thing and a must.

Personally I wish they would just get rid of those scopes and get regular night vision scopes...would be far better in the game I think.
  3. Halvorana

Putting Sway on a one-shot lol long range scope is different than sway on a CQC only scope... its a horrible idea.
    • Up x 2
  4. Endlos

Scope sway on a 1x scope.

Herp a derp, the developers are clowns.
    • Up x 5
  5. Tasogie

eh all good
  6. Fned

It doesn't seem right to me at all.

All ADS and scopes should have some amount of sway. In meatspace, only robots and sandbag-rest shooters can get the kind of sight picture stability we see in PS2.
  7. pada0

Give me a thinner crosshair on a 1x scope, not a big fat dot. Let us change the size of the crosshair.
  8. pada0

Oh, I forgot. Bye Planetside 2 :)
    • Up x 2
  9. Krayus_Korianis

I did a little test for the IR/NV scope on a TRAC-5 S with an underbarrel smoke launcher. SAME goddang accuracy as both scopes/sights seen in this video. The only reason people get it is to see through smoke (which is what it's supposed to do) as well as highlight other people. It's range is NOT that far either. Anyone past that range is blurred black into the background.
    • Up x 1
  10. Fned

The reticle is superior to all the 1x and 2x reflex sights. That's another reason.
    • Up x 1
  11. Krayus_Korianis

True, but still. I see only a tiny dot on my screen, don't see how people see a huge dot on theirs...
  12. Fned

Everyone sees the same size dot, but when aiming at really distant targets, the dot size becomes a liability; it can cover up your entire target when firing at someone peeking over cover at a distance.
  13. SikVvVidiT

Another nerf of something NOONE CALLED FOR. Instead of working on stuff that WE ACTUALLY WANT, these ***** work on destroying stuff we actually like.

Good job another Nail in the PS2 coffin, can't say I didn't see it coming. SOE should change their logo to a butt with a ******* foot stuck in it.

Want to destroy a MMO, hire SOE.
  14. Kastrenzo

No, It didn't.

The other scopes needed to be improved, so they were viable choices over the IRNV.

Everyone was using the IRNV because it and the 1X were the only ones that didn't have ridiculous artificial recoil, from visual recoil magnification. thus making the guns less accurate

So instead, they decide to break the last functioning scope in the game and now they're all garbage.

you asked for it. now enjoy your plate of poop.
    • Up x 2
  15. Phaze

Use a sticker on your screen. I have a nice neon orange dot that works wonders.
  16. Spookydodger

I mostly used it to kill MAXes with my attached smoke grenade launcher.

Maybe some DEV got a burr on his butt about his MAX being blind and gunned down.
    • Up x 2
  17. XRIST0

They better not nerf the NV scope .
  18. Slab Bulkhead

Instead of making night vision worse, make the other scopes better. We need better sight pictures, and this game takes place In The Year 2000, why not give other scopes the ability to pick out targets somewhat with outlines or something like that.
  19. LahLahSr

Since the IR/NV scope is available to all factions, what exactly is it "OP" against?

Other scopes have different strengths, such as a larger field-of-view or more range/zoom along with color and you can actually see stuff.

So....scopes are different from one another, with different behaviour and they are available to all.

Whose quality of life is increased with these changes? Surely it cannot be the players, since they can choose to use the scope or choose to NOT use it, if they want.

Logic would prescribe then, that the quality of life improved with these changes, cannot be for the players. This is further supported when you look at most of the other changes introduced in GU11.

For shame SOE, for shame...
    • Up x 1
  20. DonC

Hahaha, so many will suck after that, oh boy.