GU011: IRNV Scopes nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Konfuzfanten, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Aractain

I was just testing the movement animations and its actualy worse than I thought. If you aim at the red dot at about 100m you will never hit the target (single shots). You need to aim at the shoulder to hit the head (40m), its awful, it can bob around a bit when moving but put the dot in the center of the COF omg.

The best way to test this I have found is to find a corner and strafe into it so the strafing cof is always on but you are stationary. Then aim and LOL at the results (then try with IRNV).
  2. Stew360

I run the game on ultra since 20 november lol , and ive never feel the need of the Irnv scope because i find this scope to be easymode cheated ones and i try to avoid easy modes stuff as much as possible because it make you weak on the long run , so if you absolutly need a irnv scope then you are pretty much screw , you get use to a easy modes (( by pass )) guns who bypass most game mechanics that all others scopes share , now the irnv scope will be a NIGHT VISION scope and NOT a mechanics BYPASS ones
  3. mpal

I use the nsnv scope on cqc weapons bc its easier to aim at the head than w red dot or iron sights. Please give us customizable scopes! I really dislike most red dot bc the red dot is too big!
  4. Ripshaft

When something is the clear choice in almost every situation of course the community would like it. People are stupid, communities are groups of people. When they agree on something, you know it's wrong.
  5. mpal

After reading your post through google translate, according to your stats you have almost 3k kills w shotgun max. What about not using easymode stuff?
    • Up x 2
  6. Marsodian

I don't miss with the reticle on them... o_O I have no idea where your problem could come from, but honestly, i find them incredibly easy to use, easiest in the game perhaps...
  7. Phazaar

It's low settings and 2x reflex for more from here on out. The game's colour balancing is so terrible on Ultra, and to buff VS this much during night fights? ********.
    • Up x 2
  8. Cyrek

Where was my long awaited flashlight buff?
  9. Posse

3k out of 22k, you forgot that little detail.
  10. Yerk

Exactly. Glad you're NC.
  11. mpal

Point? Thats still a lot of time, assuming 1 kpm, hes spent over 3,000 minutes or 50 hours in the max suit. You don't brag about not using easy mode stuff when you have auraxiumed + spent more than 2 full days using easy mode stuff.

On topic, I havent seen a video depicting the sway. If its very minor, it wont really affect CQC aiming. It will affect aiming at the edge of the scope visibility range, which I assume is the intended effect. Im alright with the 0.3s delay to scope in. It was a little over the top to have instant scope-in ability.
  12. Delnoir

Careful with **** like that. SOE might take it and go "Oh look, something else to monetize on! Different reticles!"

More seriously though, sway isn't the way to go, but if they'd just fix the other ******* reticles to not suck then I wouldn't be so damn angry.

Power creep might be a bad thing, but you're not going to get it from buffing reticles SOE.
    • Up x 1
  13. Aractain

Is there any situation to use a 1x reflex currently? Past 80m you would need some magnification to see anything under the massive red dots and under that the IRNV is so much better in many ways.
  14. Posse

So, we should make the game only infantry (without MAX) and air (no tanks at all, HE spam is easy mode too!)? Anyway, I don't agree with IR/NV being easy mode, it already has clearly defined drawbacks (short range), I wouldn't be using it at all if it wasn't necessary at nights (or when people are using smoke nades)
  15. Awass

You're right. I don't quite understand what prompted the nerf. Was anyone complaining about it? I didn't even like it. I hate having crosshairs on a non-sniper rifle, and it's a closed scope, meaning you lose situational awareness when you're zoomed in. Giving it scope sway is completely unnecessary. I just don't get it.
    • Up x 2
  16. Tasogie

lol you think I cant get kills? how amusing the simple fact you think this is what my post is about means you didn't bother to read it... have a nice day.
  17. Krayus_Korianis

And this is how we all know you're just trolling.

I have the same accuracy with a reflex 2x sight as the IR/NV scope. I don't see what all this fuss is about, hell, even jumping it has the same accuracy. Which is crap.

The ONLY reason I got this sight was so I could see through my smoke lobs.
    • Up x 1
  18. Tasogie

Again its a nerf that they need to keep mlg happy because after all it isn't fair that you can see people in a fps game in smoke or at night. I know for me as soon as this goes in, I will be going back to my darkest camo at all times. The NV scope is already all but useless for Light Assault when they are flying as my Video proved, you cant hit the inside of a barn with it while in air. An they are gonna be bring that system to the main use of it? LOL... its only scope I ever used an sadly Wont be able to use it again.
  19. Marsodian

I am not trolling, i personally find it easier to use in certain circumstances, others, it is just as good.
    I use it to, help see when smoke is about and to improve my ability to see enemies at night (improves my accuracy at night)
  20. Halvorana

1) This nerf (sway and delay) will 100% make this scope worthless. The only change that should be made period to this is to have it grey and fade out at a closer range.

2) SOE should refund the certs spent on any of these optics and you should delete the current scope completely and release a different scope that can be bought if need be. (I vote for NS Turd, as the new name)

Making random badly thought out changes to in game items and not giving a refund is simply flat out bad customer service.
    • Up x 2