Gtx 750 ti ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by customer548, Dec 11, 2015.

1. customer548

Hi,

What is your opinion about the Gtx 750 ti ? (I know the gtx 960 is way more powerful)

May any of you specify the average framerate this card would be able to provide with PS2, depending on the different graph. settings ?

Also, who is the most reliable manufacturer ? MSI, ASUS , Gigabyte ?

( CPU is an i5-3570, 8 Gigs RAM.)

Thank you.
  2. Zombo

i have a GTX 650 ti, and are always cpu bottlenecked, i have a pretty bad cpu though (AMD A10 5700, 4x 4.1 Ghz)
    since Planetside 2 is running on DX 9 still as far as i know, a new GPU wouldn't change much i guess

depending on your current GPU, go get the 750ti, the 650ti is very good for it's price, or at least was 2 years ago
  3. Towie

I have one - It's a decent card - Nvidia actually provide 'gameready drivers' with a profile for Planetside 2 so it'll select the best options too, but a lot will depend on the resolution - 1920*1080 will be pushing it a bit at highest settings, I play at 1680*1050 and I get 50-60fps most of the time, drops to 20-30 during the largest fights but it's very playable.

Planetside is very CPU (and RAM) intensive but your setup is good enough for a smooth experience. I have an overclocked i5-2500K and 4GB.

As for manufacturer, well check out the reviews for specific cards (all of those you mention are fine - much of a muchness really) but factory overclocked is always a good bet. Add in any specific requirements (I MUST have a quiet card for example, so fancy cooler it is) and you're ready to go.

On and yes, 960 is noticeably faster - 970 is way way faster, but way more dinero too and overkill for Planetside regardless of resolution...
  4. Towie

Should have added - for me, the thing that made the biggest difference (by FAR) to the computer in general and to Planetside is having an SSD rather than a HDD. Those loading screens can be a pain when using a spinning hard disk.
  5. Iridar51

The main feature of GTX 750 Ti is low power consumption / low heat emission for its performance.

It's probably one of the best GPUs when trying to build a small but powerful PC, or when having to deal with power supply restrictions.

It's great for its price, but not all that powerful when it comes to heavy lifting.
    • Up x 1
  6. FieldMarshall

A GTX 750Ti should be fine. My 3 year old laptop had a 2GB Nvidia GPU and ran PS2 at ~60fps (though not at max settings)
    But if you want to boost fps in PS2, the CPU matters more than the GPU. An i5 or i7 over 3.6GHz should be enough.

With everything on Ultra, i get 60 (capped) fps in all fights with this setup. Even in 96v96 fights.
    CPU: i7-6700K 4.0GHz
    GPU: GTX 970 4GB
    Mobo: MSI B150M BAZOOKA
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133MHz 16GB
    HDD: Some old 7200 Seagate Barracuda 2TB
    PSU: Corsair RM550

Throughout the years (20+) i have had many different mobos, and out of the three you listed i found the MSI ones to be the most reliable.

Planetside is very CPU heavy because it needs to render and calculate things like 200+ different people on the screen at the same time doing different things (etc.)
    (Probably why MMOFPS games arent that popular)
    You could have the best GPU in the world, but you wouldnt get good fps if your CPU isnt up to par.
  7. KaletheQuick

I have 750ti. Avg frames on one tier below ultra is 45-50. 60 when no battles. Ultra is at a constant >30.
    My last card was a radeon 4700. Got a nice buttery smooth 20 frames a second with that bad boy. That's Ubisoft cinematic quality.

I uploaded a small clip I had with the 750ti, just for you ;)
  8. Taemien

Iridar has pretty much summed it up. If you can get one cheap, go for it.

However.. I'd recommend the 960 if you're on a budget just to get some extra mileage. 970 if you want to futureproof for a few years.
  9. Razzyman

Having just gone through this OP, I'll give you the link that made up my mind on the GTX950.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-950-vs-GeForce-GTX-750-Ti

I'm running on Medium with shadows off and sit at about 60 FPS generally. I'm running on an ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 mobo and an intel i7 920 processor running at 2.66 Ghz with 6 gigs of what I can only assume is older RAM. The computer was given to me by the family of a friend who recently died and is older (aaround 3-5 years based on the Mobo and Processor).

I've not yet tried turning my graphics up, though I probably could as I'm almost always CPU bound (no surprise given the processor, just need to get an aftermarket cooler so I can crank that 920 up). I paid $150 for the 950 and I'm very pleased with the bang for the buck as it was a giant leap up from the NVidia Quaddro FX1800 it replaced :).