Grinders! Slugs or not?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by BlackSteel97, Feb 20, 2015.

1. BlackSteel97

That's my question :)
  2. Problem Officer

Only if you want the mag capacity more than range?
  3. BlackSteel97

You can equip extended mags and slugs at the same time
  4. _itg

I think he what he's getting at is that Grinders have the worst accuracy with slugs, so they have less effective range than, say, Mattocks.

As for whether you should use Grinders with slugs, I think it's a solid choice if you can't afford the 3,300 certs for slug Mattocks. Even Grinders with slugs will have much better range than any non-slug option.
  5. Corezer

for cheap max options I do just a second scat... still more than 2 grinders but they you don't have a useless gun laying around. scats are the bees knees for max vs max as they have the tightest spread without giving up damage like a mattock, and while it's no mattock when using slugs it's a lot better reaching than a grinder.

500 more certs tho, but I think it's worth the wait.
  6. ZZYZX

I don't know about anyone else, but I've noticed a change in accuracy and I don't know why. My equipment and play style have stayed the same...I use dual Hacksaws for CQC, sometimes with slugs for medium range.

When I first started using that setup, it was a cert farm. But now, a couple months later, I find that I'm at medium range, with my crosshair directly on target, and I get almost NO hitmarkers. Maybe 1 hit out of a full salvo from both arms.

It seems worse at close range as well. It's kind of a bummer. Was there an accuracy nerf in the last few months? I don't know what else could be causing it. But silly me - I feel like if I am aiming at something, and I pull the trigger - I should hit what I was aiming at.
  7. Problem Officer

I meant Grinders have 12 ammo with ex mags, the others have 10.
    If you're using Grinder's slugs over Mattock's then hopefully it's for the 2 extra shots.
  8. Liewec123

i don't think it's changed, but i get the same, i think its just bad luck,
    i've started avoiding slugs all together, i'd rather do a small amount of damage spraying pellets at the enemy than no damage at all with slugs :p
  9. Cyrax Servius

Been using Grinders with Slugs and extd mags in PS4 Beta, absolutely wrecks shop.
  10. JonboyX

I avoid slugs generally now; the RNG effect is irritating - and by that I mean, without moving your mouse, no two shots seem to end up in the same place.