Grenade Bandolier

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Haemoglobin, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Haemoglobin

If I cert into the grenade bandolier do I have to give up better shields/health for the benefit of one extra grenade or is it a passive benefit that I will get regardless?

I was considering putting 100 certs into the grenade bandolier but the thought of having to give up the shield/health benefits makes me feel a bit queasy.

Also on a tangent, does anyone know why I can't reply to threads? I can post threads ok but when I try to reply the button is greyed out....
    • Up x 1
  2. Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Strange. I have no idea.

I didn't even notice that I didn't turn on my armor weave until about a week after I began playing. BOY, am I stupid.

Honestly? I haven't tried the Bandolier. But I'm a firm believer in being independent of not paying for those damn grenades every siingle time you need them.

But, here I am, with 40 grenades ready to be blown. I say, "Go for it!".

(I liked your post because you said "On the tangent". That's going to be my new favorite phrase. Math every day.)
  3. Armgarion

Bandoliers use up the suit slot, but on the bright side in bio lab scuffles 1 extra grenade could be 10 extra kills
  4. Yalk

You can only have 1 suit upgrade active at a time

So, Nano weave OR bandolier OR grenade bandolier OR shield regen etc etc

1 cert into nano weave just about cant be beat...my plan is to just use nano until I cert everything else then max nano (really a waste) or cert into ammo bandolier
  5. Caracal

nano weave isnt as great as some people think it is. I saw a graph that showed nanoweave only allowing you to take a single additional bullet. Rank 5 nanoweave allowed you to take a total of two additional bullets. This is only on your health, not your armor. So, this wont regen, as your armor regens.

I would ask yourself how often you find that you lived with 1-2 bars of health. I am sure it happens, but if you really think about it. It doesnt happen very often at all. Most times you get owned or you owned another person. And, even if you did live with 1-2 bars left, chances are youll die before getting the attention of a busy medic.

Is it worth, exchanging those very few moments, for additional grenades? I dont know, its a personal call. But, i am only posting to help you put nanoweave armor into its proper place. It isnt the end all, be all, suit option.
  6. Mightyhalo

I love certing into something like this and then realizing I have to unequip something else to use it.
  7. Krrr8or

Threads like this are why they need to clarify with colors so people understand 1 mod per color.
  8. Ipecac

Honestly, there was a time when this was true ("Explosives" certs were a random smattering of grenades and utility items), but the current cert pages seem pretty explicit to me. Suit slot, Utility slot, Ability slot, etc. This should be mentioned explicitly on the popup cert tutorial page if it isn't, but after a certain point it just comes down to paying attention.
  9. Krrr8or

Agreed but colors are pretty and then the people with 0 reading comprehension don't have to think too hard.