Great work on the ZOE Mod

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Shockwave44, May 9, 2013.

1. Ranik

I just got tired of some of the silly claims made about how the ZOE used to be.

People kept repeating "We take double damage" which was far from true.With that out of the way the ability can be looked at without erroneous claims.

Still. I wish I had the time to test how armor mods stacked. There is no telling how ZOE stacks with Flak/Kinetic
  2. Nogrim313

so mr kettle id like you to meet someone
    • Up x 1
  3. Ranik

And so much for that brief period of objectivity :rolleyes:

It's downside was changed, but not it's upsides. Hence the problem.

It rivals the lockdown in pure damage boost. As can be demonstrated with some of the AV/AA STK/TTK examples. Against infantry? Not so much due to short TTK in the first place. Even then you get faster TTK on a mobile platform. And thus better all around use than Lockdown.

A guy moving at 50% faster speed is still moving at 50% faster speed, no matter what color he glows.

"oh i glow brightly" still doesn't mean you aren't moving 50% faster and doing 25% more damage. As I've stated, it's got too many bonuses for too few drawbacks at the moment. Complain all you want, but that's how it is compared to the TR/NC abilities...
  4. Nogrim313

the biggest problem i've noticed is how little actual info were getting most of it is people going in and messing around with it

i have no idea why the devs arent just giving us raw numbers for this stuff

with real numbers we can have a conversation about what scale of a reduction / increase is needed in these areas
    some hard numbers i think would make this conversation a lot more productive

Max runs speed (base / sprinting) and exactly how zoe effects that
    max health
    max bullet resistance (no kinetic, and then each rank) not just a % added but what the total ends up being
    max explosives resistance (same as above)
    max strafe speed
    jump height
    base max hp
    how much 1 bar of hp is equal too

i think with those numbers we could get in to more specific and informed debates the problem right now is most people have no idea what the real numbers are or how they are effected
  5. Ranik

That's true of just about any change pre-release. You have to test in the dark and figure out every single thing on your own.

For instance, depending on how ZOE armor reduction and Kinetic armor work. They might largely cancel each other out. As Stew demonstrated in his little one man rampage.
  6. Nogrim313

HOW? they do not have equivalent AV weapons to even try to test this, different mechanics different damages different RoF stop talking out of your ***. or the fact that zoe was not even effecting the vortex or comet (and in some versions was actually reducing damage

you mean the ability that turns your mutilators in to onslaughts? we can just ignore the fact that a moving max has a terrible accuracy penalty, were going to do soooooo much damage with those bullets that keep missing you

okay lets just make the TR max glow bright red when locked down since visibility is meaningless
    • Up x 1
  7. Ranik

8. Nogrim313

alright so after reading your posts ive just decided your whining about anything that isnt a major buff to TR and have nothing useful to contribute
    • Up x 1
  9. Ranik

I've made simple points like "Your benefits sort of outweigh your downsides at the moment"

If you can't accept that then sorry but that's no fault of mine.
  10. Roarboar

As if anyone is going to unlock this useless garbage.
  11. Kireles

First off, your comment was in reply to me "which form of armour was that against?" Everyone that doesn't lick windows in their spare time knows that tanks have different armour values for each hit-box face at base.
    Second, I was not referring to certs, I was referring to what he was shooting at. Where in my post did ask "which location are you shooting, and how was the tank certed?" I did not.
    Third, quit posting your opinion as though it is fact, it makes you look like a ******, and nothing more.
    Fourth, if you were actually referring to armour certs only, perhaps you could have gotten a simple grasp on the English language to actually make that known. "No such thing a ((REAR)) armor" gives no indication that you're talking about certs.

I have nothing against you, but you are posting in a needlessly aggressive and somewhat offensive manner. Ranik shares your view that ZOE is OP, however he is not trolling. He is acknowledging counter-arguments directed at him, and his responses are not in the region of; "man i know everything about this game and i play it since tech test ..." Which, son, is total BS.
  12. Xasapis

Well, it's not very useful for point offense or defense, but it's pretty good for everything else.

The biggest impact (and the biggest complaints) come from the NC crowd, because with this ability you'll be able to do something rather hard today (unless you're a nutjob like me and maxed dash), ie constantly keep your distance from NC maxes. You still have to deal with the hardest infantry hitting guns in the game (which will be even better with the armor penalty), but at least you'll fare a tad better against NC maxes.

Personally, I really hope they drop the damage boost completely and leave everything else as is right now.
  13. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I figure this is a better place for it:
  14. PsyStorm

Sorry dude but I can circle faster than that max can strafe. Go try it for yourself. Just turn your sensitivity up and you can turn like a vortex. I know he didn't go totally unnoticed but many didn't notice and others were preoccupied.
  15. Quiiliitiila

I want to clear up something about the fact that many don't see the bright purple glow/electricity as a downside to the ZOE. Honestly, it is a larger downside then people give it credit for. Normally when a MAX appears in a battle a large amount of fire is directed at it to take it down, more so than that directed at normal infantry. Now with the ZOE you glow bright purple, you have crackling electricity (which acts as a light source too) on your weapons and all your tracers act as though they are mini lancer shots. Basically you turn into an even larger more obvious target. A neon sign in fact :p

Now, the counter argument is that our increased speed more than makes up for the increased visibility. In my OPNION, yes and no. In small 1v1 and 2v1 battles the ZOE's speed does make up for it's increased visibility. Frankly because there is only 1 or two people trying to keep up with the ZOE MAX. Throw in a few more people and now the MAX is trying to dodge fire from multiple enemies, all of which he can't quite keep track of at. Put a ZOE MAX in a large battle and it will attract fire faster than it can kill enemies. LAs on rooves, HAs, tanks, ESFs, medics, engies, etc. It's easy to dodge bullets from one or two people but once the number rises any further and you cannot adequately keep dodging fire from more than two or three vectors.

So what does that leave us? In medium to large battles a ZOE MAX will be forced to scavenge on the outskirts of the battle, constantly moving to keep themselves positioned correctly so that they may keep enemy fire coming from one or two areas. Stew's video was impressive, but really just showed him killing a few NC MAX units testing their Aegis shields and one or two surprised TR MAX units. If you get the jump on anyone, chances are good that you'll kill them. Stew's eventual downfall came when he began to loose track of all the people shooting at him and eventually succumbed to the sheer number of wounds sustained from various angles that he could no longer dodge from.

If you nerf the speed the ability becomes useless, the damage boost is not TOO much to write home about, but I'd rather take a hit to the damage boost than take a hit to the speed. Which is frankly the only redeeming quality of the ZOE right now. Trust me, no one is buying the 5 levels worth 2,250 certs for the damage boost, we're all in it for the speed :p

-Quiiliitiila
    • Up x 3
  16. Cowabunga

The ZOE max is crazy and I fear the age of ADADAD spamming VS MAX units will come. The upsides of this ability are insane and completely outweighs the downside - In the hands of a skilled player this ability will wreck everything. You can even toggle it on and off - I'd rather see the ability be 'spent' once you activate it and then having to recharge...

Most infantry do not have time to rocket or C4 a ZOE max because it will chase them down before they have a chance or just move out of the way... a ZOE max can run past lockdown MAX units and just eat them and Aegis MAX can't do much either, since their shields just get smashed in seconds. Anyway, I'm sure this thing will be OP in the first couple of weeks and hopefull VS will get some 4th faction love and more pop that way but I def. don't enjoy being on the other end of this "new scatmax".
  17. Shockwave44

The reason the damage taken is only 20% is that engineers cannot keep up with the ZOE.
  18. Shockwave44

You just lost all credibility.
    • Up x 2
  19. PsyStorm

I tried the NC max today and had those guided rockets. You can basically shoot then then put on the shield and guide them while shielded. I mean they can probably walk into a room with their shotguns and clear most of it and shield up and get away. I imagine that with an engineer there will be even easier to keep up while they are being healed and shielded at the same time. Since all the Max still go down pretty quick I fear they might have the best survival and kills in the end. I don't play NC but would really have a field day if I did. If I were up against tanks I could just shoot my guided rockets and shield while they get blocked with my shield with an engineer behind the shield healing me.
  20. EsotericaI

So guise, what is the current ttk on hacksaws without extended mags? I mean hacksaws are the main weapon to the nc, as the mercies are to the tr. I sure wish I could have something that would make my max more viable without having to spend 1,000 certs to be on par with the other maxes weapons. It feels like the NC max is falling behind more and more, sure we get a front facing shield which can absorb damage, that will protect us so much from exploding tank shells, the aoe off of fractures even if it is a minuscule amount. Oh yeah dont forge't the vs no-drop AV weapons, it'll make us extra safe against flying LA's. Shoot man, if someone were to ADADA in front of me and I miss a few of my hacksaws, scattercannons or even from my mattocks, I'm stuck reloading. I guess before I jump to too many conclusions, can NC maxes even reload while the shield is up? If we can't then that is just one more nail in our coffin. I really don't understand the whole ideal with it being inhumanly possible to react to a NC max hiding in a corner, I mean if it is a fully calibrated AI playing the max then I'd believe you. But eh I don't think I could ask for anything more in all honesty.