Great work on the ZOE Mod

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Shockwave44, May 9, 2013.

1. Ranik

Oh please. I said least dramatic. Because Infantry TTK is so short anyway. Going from 6-5 STK is still a massive deal combined with the move speed buff. Haven't made a good case. Yeah according to those who defend it, despite it acting as basically a weaker but hyper mobile lockdown MAX. All before armor upgrades are even factored in ;)

Fix it?

Lets see off the top of my head.

Options..

A ) Remove damage bonus. Retain current speed and armor changes. (Speed at the cost of armor.)

B) Retain current Damage bonus. Reduce speed bonus to 20-30%. Leave armor as is for the time being to test. (Current but with less speed)

C) Increase damage bonus, remove speed bonus. Keep or enlarge armor penalty depending on new damage bonus.(Focus on burst damage at the cost of armor)

The ZOE either needs to focus on one thing or the other, or get a bit of toning down in the most dramatic area speed.
  2. Xasapis

Personally I'd remove both damage boosts and armor penalties, leave mobility as is and introduce the inability to repair the max while ZOE is active.
  3. Ranik

That could work to some extent. But would have to come with a wind up and downtime. As is it's instant on / off.

Even then it may need a duration timer. As it may be encroaching on the charge ability?
  4. Xasapis

We can't avoid duplicates or similarities at this point. Either that or the developers will need to modify dash for the VS. It's not the first time either. Striker and annihilator are quite similar in function too.

The idea behind the repair prohibition is to prevent pushes with ZOE up. It would be mostly a mute point anyway, since by removing the damage boost, you essentially remove any reason to use ZOE in a push anyway. ZOE is a lone wolf ability by definition from the looks of it.
  5. Ranik

Fair point actually.

With variety, comes overlap.

But as seen on the test server during the Zurvan fights. ZOE is even worse in groups. As you are now dealing with 5 ZOE maxes who are all more maneuverable than you.
  6. Van Dax

thank you sir.
  7. Clutchstep

I think it's to be taken with a lot of salt, but there is a thread over on Reddit where someone posted a pic of in-game chat with Higby (apparently on Test) where he says the sprint speed thing is bugged and strafe speed is going to get nerfed.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/1e31xk/higby_clarifys_the_zoe_speed_bonus_bug_or_by/

Note it's a pic of chat, not a post from Higby. Plus Higby has implied on Reddit that they were going to nerf ZOE speed in general, but instead in the latest build ZOE was kicked up to warp speed.
  8. Clutchstep

I could be totally wrong here, but I was under the impression that direct damage from a rocket is treated differently than the indirect explosion damage. I'm also under the impression that all AP mine damage is treated as indirect explosion damage, as you can survive running directly over one if you have enough flak armor. So it's still possible that direct rocket damage inflicts more damage than a mine.
  9. Ranik

This is possible yes. Didn't think to test for it though.
  10. Quiiliitiila

From a completely selfish perspective, I hope they don't increase the armor penalty again. I only use maxed Nano-armor repair, sooooo yeah :p I know, not in the least bit constructive at all :D

I also found THIS video, a fairly interesting comparison of an NC MAX with Aegis and a VS MAX with the ZOE.

I think that the ZOE is more balanced than we are giving it credit for. Sure, 1v1 or 2v1 fights it's a little on the OP side, but in fairly moderate to large battles the armor penalty WILL take it's toll. It's easy to strafe and dual 1 or 2 people, but when you're glowing and attracting a large amount of enemy fire, all the strafing in the world will not save you for very long.
    • Up x 2
  11. Stew360

say that to the 33 % to 46 % VS players on matherson

Keep your low pops servers out of the game balance

On matherson VS as absolutly no problem with their population they are as much if not more than any other factions your low pops card isnt suposed to play in the balance
  12. Stew360

HAHAHA man your joking rigth ? My coment was base on the armor the certification armor and this is whats the guy i reply was reffering to

their is no such thing as Rear armor , you can equip ( front , side and top armor )) on tanks and you can only have (( blockade armor on sunderer and mine guard ...

man i know everything about this game and i play it since tech test ...

the stats you are refering to are the RAW data of the tank whiout any upgrade they have buff the overall armor across the board for all tanks to extend their survavibilitys

Here for ya since you need proof maybe ?

[IMG]
    Any rear armor anywhere ?
    [IMG]

So they did not buff extra armor on by any mean , they buff the raw hitbox of tanks
  13. TeknoBug

Speed bonus needs to come down a little, everytime I saw a ADAD'ing VS MAX high on ZOE, I thought of Bill Cosby's zippity zop zip zap.
  14. Stew360

this video is ridiculous and dont show the potential of insanity behind the ZOE the maxs user VS in this video try to make it look balance but give this maxs to any agressive player who want to kills and it will be a mass murderer , the combat was silly for the most part

the NC shield is a team work tool and the charge ability is the most important ability for the NC maxs , to get in range of its target and you have to trade it for the shield

My video show way better result in brainless action UNSCRIPTED AND UNBIASED

Your video link look scripted and silly

ZOE problems isnt just about maxs vs maxs its MAINLY VS ZOE maxs versus infantry

Want to see whats ZOE is look at this
  15. UnDeaD_CyBorG

The "Armor" you can equip is a cert upgrade attachment that boosts the rear armour.
    Said rear armor is a damage resistance stat.
    The question you were originally answering to was which kind of armour this was test was performed against; Sure he could have asked "From which direction did you attack", but the effect is synonymous.
    MBTs have 30%-35% "Rear and Botton Armor", effecting all weapons not flagged as "AP".
    Saying this armour doesn't exist because you can't upgrade is limiting the meaning of "Armor" to the upgrade, in which case it would have to be called "Front Armor" instead of anything reinforced, as obviously it didn't exist before you applied it. o_O
  16. Quiiliitiila

Whoah, chill Stew. I said it was an interesting video showing the two abilities in combat together, I never made any judgments otherwise.
  17. Xasapis

Let me get this straight. The one server that has healthy VS population should be taken as a measure for the entire VS playerbase, while the NC population dominating the population charts on almost every other server shouldn't? Biased much?
    • Up x 2
  18. bNy_

that ability actually looks fun and not complete useless. Me like.
  19. Shockwave44

He's trolling this thread because no one takes him seriously. He's posted that video everywhere.
  20. Nogrim313

thanks for testing seems a bit less ridiculous now (if we didnt glow in the dark id suggest its too little extra damage, but with the pink lightning we will be drawing a lot more fire too)