Great update, but cheaters and server lag is killing the experience

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, Nov 21, 2022.

1. UberNoob1337101

I had a great time over the past week playing on Cobalt and Miller, there was a string of amazing, mostly balanced fights on every continent - probably enforced by the spawn priority system, CTF mechanics are good but need an UI update on the map. AA buff is very good. Bastion revamp is great, it actually came in handy several times without being cancer and you can spawn in as a random.

Spawn priority does have some annoying problems but it mostly prevents zergs and half a faction redeploying to bases instantly, which is a much bigger issue than waiting extra 10 seconds to spawn at an empty base, so I'd say it's an improvement.

Performance is much better and a lot of continents have great lighting, Hossin and Indar look GREAT! Almost every change is positive, save for a few head-scratching ones like removal of map pulling vehicles.

However, server performance makes the game unplayable during prime-time. On Cobalt and Miller where I have ~30ms ping it's very bad, server latency jumping randomly to 500-2000ms, but on Emerald it's unplayable.
    Getting shot through cover all the time, some players PM'd me and told me I didn't take any damage while they were firing at me, likewise hitreg doesn't register half the shots at times, ppl and vehicles living several seconds before actually dying, orbital strikes lagging and massive lagspikes when an alert ends.

Then when I login off-prime, there's blatant cheaters going inside walls and below ground shooting everyone. By the time I record and send video proof, the damage's done, most ppl already left fights.

So pls, next update fix technical issues like server performance, major bugs like the sound bug and NSO not being able to use jump pads, and actually good anti-cheat. It's the biggest issue after an update drops.
    • Up x 2
  2. Botji

I feel dirty saying this but I have had some fun with the latency, its mostly a pain to deal with but I finally got to feel what it has to be like to be a youtuber because holy crap I were slaying people left and right and it was as if they only registered I was even there moments before they died and I could run in and gun down multiple people even with them shooting at me like some sort of action hero... or youtuber.

Perhaps more latency was all I ever needed, kind of what I always expected as well tbh and imo even further proves how effective latency manipulation would be.. not that anyone would do that right? haha..

But yeah cheaters coming out around big events or updates is basically a promise so I always think its a bit weird that there seem to be absolutely 0 preparation from the devs/company for it, it would be very worth and appreciated with even a single actual on-hand admin/GM a few days after these things to slap the blatant cheaters ASAP.

Even better if large updates were NOT at the end of the week too. Like this time it feels a bit like a waste of double XP days with how the server latency has been.
  3. Liinaya

I don't see any communication about this latency?
    I agree with UberNoob1337101 the new update seems to kill the server performance.. i mean since the update i play 20min and disconnect because of this unplayable experience.
    Do we have any thread or messages from devs ??
  4. Botji

Here on the forums? I would not expect them to bother with their official website and forum, they have not cared about these for quite a few years. We typically get the "news" last here.

Twitter and Reddit on the other hand might already have some discussion about it, with devs taking part.. or will at least have it fairly soon I assume.
    • Up x 1