Great News Everyone

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Andy04, Nov 18, 2015.

1. DeadlyPeanutt

lol, poor deluded boy:)
    answer to your more or less question... the dev have pretty much ignored the game for the last year and a half as the player population declined by about 80%. dev ignored major balance and network issues like hit detection and gave us space pumpkins and the 'get revenge' button. and you wonder why players are irritated at the game dev?

'facepalm'
  2. DeadlyPeanutt

the archer isn't much of a gun after all... and a lot of good suggestions from the player base to make it better have been ignored.
    oh, you forgot space pumpkins... soon to be space snowmen :)
  3. sebastian oscar post

They have been in ******* debt for 2 years now wake up to reality!
  4. Pikachu

Im surprised we didnt get spacr easter rabbits.
  5. Haquim

No the game is not dead... yet.
    But that might be largely owed to the fact that there is simply no competition... it is not hard to have the best product on the market if it is the only one.

And why there is hate for the devs?
    Well....
    I still occasionally suffer from invisible enemies shooting me in the face, the most extreme example being a NC MAX cleverly disguised as a doorway. "Invisible" meaning "not yet rendered". But since I'm usually dead by the time they render it doesn't make a difference at all.
    I very frequently suffer from grenades not being thrown but rather warped in front of my face.
    Also a common occurrence are explosions and projectiles not rendering, which makes it really hard to realize you're getting shot at by a tank. Or more annoyingly an ESF bombarding you with rockets or LPPA - since you don't realize what it is and where its coming from there is no chance of taking cover in time.
    Honestly at times it feels like im struggling more with the game/the devs than the actual enemy.

Also.... shortly after SOE transformed into DBG/DGC we got told that everything would be better since they got more resources, they had a plan and would do new and exiting stuff. The ANT was promised for September.
    Reality: Awful hitdetection, Servers run like they're busy mining Bitcoins and PS2 is serviced as a sidenote, the problems I have mentioned before.... and the ANT is on PTS (which I can't use for some reason) but nowhere near the live system.
    And the little I've seen from the ANT yet has not impressed me.

"Hate" is maybe a bit too strong a word.
    But they definitely don't get any money from me for this kind of performance.
  6. Andy04

omg That could an update we might actually get if you put if forward to them, Something that makes no sense to the game at all will surely be put in right :D
  7. Eternaloptimist

I play on EU servers and I find the game more stable, better FPS etc no crash failures after updates, Koltyr, tweaks to previously UP weaps like Striker, burst carbines and some LMGs, new vehicle weaps and things like Blackhand and Archer, new VP system introducing more variability in where battles take place. I know tankers and flyers had some issues about changes to their cannons and flight dynamics but I have no experience of them and those complaints seem to have died down anyway. Bounty system which I don't personally like but I like DBG explanation that they did it because people asked for it. Cosmetic changes like the new cert lines page and those objective markers. Yes, some experiments that didn't work as well (like enemy colour coding on the mini map) but at least they are willing to try to freshen up the appearance of the game.

Now, (in B4 everyone trashes tall hese changes).........If you are trying to do things some of them will work. Others won't and still other things will be liked by some people but not by others. DBG has released things that are a bit of all three but overall a) they are making the effort and b) on balance I think things have got better - for my enjoyment of the game at least.
  8. JustBoo

Uh, I thought you were gone, but no, you are sill here like a smelly decomposing corpse that refuses to go with any dignity. To keep posting kind of invalidates the big GOODBYE you made here.

[IMG]
  9. Andy04

Indeed, I'm Glad that you came and shared your opinion on this THANK YOU!
  10. DeadlyPeanutt

space bunnies would be more fun than 'get revenge' buttons for sure :)
  11. Bindlestiff

Fixed.
    • Up x 1