Gravity On Auraxis

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SpandexoftheVanu, Aug 5, 2015.

1. SpandexoftheVanu

As someone with an unimpressive PC, I'm not surprised about frame rate. This is not the topic of this thread. I have messed with the .ini files, and fiddled with the graphics options for the best performance, until I can run a respectable 30fps in most fights. However, no matter the frame rate, since I have been playing PS2 for a year, I have always had a problem. Every now and then, the game will just stop, and go right into Whackyville. It's not a proper crash, since it goes back to normal quickly, but for about ten seconds, Auraxis fizzes out. Player avatars, vehicles, everything not attached to the ground flies off into the sky, being displaced on all axes. The frame rate does stay stable during this stage though, But I can't do anything during it but find cover. Then, everything (even the minimap avatars, during all stages) jump around back and forth, and then everything goes back to normal. Most times I fall dead at the end because I was shot while running around like a headless chicken. I was inside a moving Sunderer during one of these on Esamir, and watched as we started flying at high speeds over snowy peaks. If you know a fix for this, or at least the cause, please respond.
  2. Nabil1998

Probably your internet connection. Since you said your frame rate is stable, this is obviously not a hardware issue. When this happens, press TAB on your keyboard and look in the bottom right-hand corner and take note of "Connection Quality" and "Ping". Check-back once you've tried this. :)

Edit: I also just learned you probably play on Cobalt...That's your answer :p EU servers for Planetside have always been very ****** in terms of Network performance. Honestly, if you spent like $1000000000 on a supercomputer to run this game, you would still have your described problem :( Except that you would be warping @ 144 FPS :D
  3. SpandexoftheVanu

I checked, and I couldn't fin dthe ping, there was just latency, and that varied from 6ms to .1ms. The connectionalso varied from bad to good.
  4. SW0V

What he means is check latency and connection quality during one of these 'everything loses gravity' events. What you will likely see is 'connection quality bad' and latency >1000 ms. What this means is that you've temporarily lost connection with the server and you just have to wait for the connection to be re-established.

What's happening is your computer temporarily loses connection with the planetside server and because of the way lag compensation works in this game, what you see on your client is the game trying to predict where people are in the game after it stops receiving positioning information from the server. That's why people fly off in random directions... you'll notice that they always travel in perfectly straight lines.

This happens to me ALL THE TIME on Briggs. But that's Australian ISPs for you... a giant expensive joke! You just have to wait it out until your connection quality returns to 'good' and your latency drops back to <50ms and you can see people walking around normally again.
    • Up x 1