Graphics issue?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Rovertoo, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Rovertoo

I'm setting up Planetside for my little brother on a new computer, one who's hardware isn't top of the line but I believe it should work.

Strange issues occur in game, that persist after validating in game rescources. Models tear and have huge glaring spikes that seem to stretch into infinity, and after a few minutes in game the entire screen goes green. I assume this is a Graphics card issue.

Something else to note is that at almost all settings but ultra I get ~30 FPS, regardless of render quality or resolution or shadows or anything, and Ultra drops it to ~15.

Specs (which I know are below the recommended):

8.00 GB RAM

Processor: AMD A6-6400K APU

Graphics: ASUS EAH640

(Allocated graphics memory: 4834 MB How do I change this?)

Any help is greatly appreciated!
  2. Hank

sound like a Heat issue on the GPU, does your case have good air flow? is it full of dust and hair?..if its overclocked, set it back to normal and test it.

If you have alot of dust in the fans and heatsinks, blow them out..if you use a vacuum be careful of static shorts.
  3. Rovertoo

I double checked heat and it seems to be okay. To clarify, when the screen goes green it's only the Planetside 2 window, and it's only a tint. PS2 is still playable. Rereading my post I realize that may have been unclear.

Also, a bit further testing. I began a game of League with my brother on the same computer, and the same tearing model glitch occurs. Player models have huge long spikes that look like the model has stretched out into oblivion. So the problem isn't related to PS2 specifically.

I have a program called ASUS GPU tweak, I really don't know anything about it, but since I'm asking, perhaps that could help (or be part of the problem)?