Grainy textures/shadows and gamma after the update. Possible bug and fix

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Grandizer, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Grandizer

Since update, the game would take on a grainy, over saturated color and gamma lighting palette, which caused stutter and jitter in models in the game as well as screen stutter in the environments. Seemed redeploying would have each area load the images differently, not consistently.

Turning light settings from high to low would give various differences in the lighting from extremely dark to " on the surface of the sun" high exposure.

I found out by changing the texture quality, while logged in and playing and not at the initial character selection, Ultra by default and cycle through the textures and play for a minute, the images became sharper, color was corrected and screen stutter and jitter disappeared. Gamma became normal and the camera movement also became smoother. I then changed back to Ultra and watched the textures change in real time, no client restart needed, and it normalized.

I had spent days trying to figure out why I had screen stutter and even uninstalled Nvidia drivers 3 times and completely uninstalled PS2 using Revo Uninstaller since , yes, your uninstaller still gives a C++ runtime error and are forced to uninstall from launcher then manually remove files and registry entries.