GR-22

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Kylesal18, Dec 21, 2012.

1. D-Spirith

Same here, nothing happend to GR-22, it is still the beast.
  2. Nagamzor

Looks like the GR-22 is my next gun choice then.
  3. irishroy

go for it^^
  4. chrollo

i bought the gr-22 and the carnage going to deck out the carnage first for long range and then cert up the gr-22
  5. Suriakk

I love my GR-22 I have the IR/NV scope, SPA and the laser sight. Going for adv laser tonight. IR scope lights people up like Christmas trees inside buildings.
  6. KnightCole

Dang, SPA made itself to complicated. It should be increased damage from 0-25m by 15.4%, then past that begin to decrease. Whats with the decrease in close then increase then decrease? Where the hell did that logic ever come from?!
  7. Antivide

Because then EVERYONE would use soft point ammo in major base fights.
  8. Nteger

The gun feels a little too TR-ish to me; low recoil, high ROF.
  9. Krave

strangely the horrible recoil i had is gone since today - 15cm mousepad width are enough again to handle the recoil wich wasn´t the case the last two weeks ...[IMG]
  10. JohnnyMaverik

Advanced Laser all the way (costs 200 to get there though), makes a good CQC weapon even better, personally I'd stick with that but if you exclusively fight close up then go soft point if you really want, if not, don't. As for the sight, if you are happy with the HS/NV then stick with it.
  11. Kylesal18

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. I happened to get the gun after 3 days after I put this post up. Got Adv. Laser, NV/HV. May switch to 1x or 2x sight. Any thoughts on short range sights? I do not need a long range sight, I have the starter gun set up for longer ranges. Thanks!

Kyle
  12. ladiesop

It can't have a 2x sight, so it's 1x or nothing when not using NV for that sort of magnification.
  13. EViLMinD

There is NO 2x available, folks. Get 1x and/or NV.
  14. irishroy

or 3.4 LACO
  15. JohnnyMaverik

Yea no x2 reflex, if like me you decide you really, really love this weapon I'd recommend getting a forward grip and 1x reflex for running about, and then use you HS/NV and advanced laser for CQC action base assaults. 1x doesn't make you great at range fights but it removes the issue of not being able to see dudes far away from you as with HS/NV, could try and 3.4x sight if you are brave but compared to other ARs the GR-22 doesn't perform all that well at range so IDK what the results might be, worth a go if you don't mind potentially wasting 30 certs of something you might try for a bit once and then never again.
  16. irishroy

17. Kylesal18

Ah, That would be why nobody uses 2X. Thanks again everyone! Looks like I will get the 1X for outside fights and have the HS/NV for base fights.

Kyle
  18. Dregan

The GR-22 is an excellent weapon. A low cone of fire coupled with a very predictable recoil pattern makes it a superb multi-purpose gun. It excels at close range and is competitive at medium range. Its low damage makes it somewhat less effective at long range where another weapon would serve better. For base Assault there is however no substitute (ok ok the Carnage... though I still feel the 22 comes out on top).

I run it with Advanced laser dot and Reflex 2x. The laser dot makes the COF so tight you can largely ignore it and the reflex sight provides a decent zoom while not restricting your situational awareness. For certain situations you may want to run with NV/IR scope even though it restricts your vision.
    I would not recommend the foregrip as the GR-22s recoil has very little lateral recoil, beyond the steady pull to the right (my main issue with the Carnage as it happens).

Edit: URGH yeah no 2x reflex sight... must have been wishful thinking.
  19. ladiesop

I ran that, but on a whim I tried the 3.4x LACO (the one with the red dot) and it was surprisingly good, it wasn't too hard to control the recoil than what I expected. I get the feeling with the 2x it would be amazing which is why this class of weapon doesn't have it. With the larger magnification, you need to hipfire up close but with the adv. laser, that's mostly fine.
  20. irishroy

thats right.
    3.4 is not as bad, as you all think.
    though i like the 3.4, i'll give the 1x/2x a try :)