GR-22

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Kylesal18, Dec 21, 2012.

1. D42Agnostia

Regading scope or not I suggest 3.4 scope, you use hip fire at close range and at choke points the scope lets you stand just behind the "frontline", to avoid being a target and taking pot shots/bursts at the enemy from behind the other guys. Keeping alive in those situations means that you can quickly heal/rescurrect the front line guys, while at the same time contribute to the fire power. (also you avoid those pesky grenades) My 5 cents...
  2. Ghoest

source?
  3. Ebil_Piwat

I just picked up the GR-22, and slapped a 3.4 LACO on and a foregrip. So far I am not disappointed, and am very pleased with it, but feel I should have gone with a 2x or a 1 as when they get in close it's hard.. Ah well, maybe I just need to swap to the Rebel more, or Stay out of CQB's with that set up.
  4. irishroy

heyhoooooo, never stay out of CQC/CQB´s with the GR-22, guy....
    i am sad to say, but the forgrip on the GR-22 is useless...... :)
    slap the (advanced)laserpointer on it, and you become [IMG]
    go with the laserdot 3.4 scope and everything is good^^
    and try to hipfire with the GR-22. it´s hipfire-indoor-beast. and also very precise, even when hipfiring
    and also hipfire outdoor if the enemys are close enough.
    you have to try at which range you can hipfire.
    and if it comes to a CQC, just switch on your heal-ability and hipfire,
    and if your clip is empty, do not reload, pull out the magshot/rebel with laserpointer and finish him/them(also with hipfire)
  5. Sargicus

GR-22 is a very nice tool. The recoil is surprisingly light even in full auto. About the most magnification I'd go for is the 2x reflex. After that you lose the benefits the high fire rate gives you. The GR-22 has slightly lower damage than the gauss rifle.
  6. Intruder313

I'd fit Reflex 2X if there was one but this gun only has 1X.
    Above 2X is not really suitable as this is a CQB monster.

Advanced Laser Sight is a good choice and Suppressor / NV sight for night time (and Soft Point Ammo there too since you are firing at close targets).

Soft Point knackers your damage beyond 15m - and all it does to benefit you is extend the max damage zone from 10m to 15m. I avoid it most of the time.
  7. HerpTheDerp

I was checking out NC medic guns the other day and this gun is quite damn good actually, especially for 250 certs. 800RPM and top tier hipfire accuracy + advanced laser sight. Must be ridiculous in CQB.

Plus it looks awesome.
  8. irishroy

it is. even for a guy like me having 23 FPS in battles and i went rank 30 with it .....
    [IMG]

2x reflex sight or just 3.4 laco scope. pretty nice. really.
    but which attachement?
    flash supressor or supressor?
  9. Ebil_Piwat

Yeah OK, I'm sold. After swapping the foregrip, for the Adv laser I do much much better up close. Still keeping the 3.4 LACO, as sometimes you just need the suppressive fire pot shots to at least land, and force the enemy to go away.

4 of us held a point, against an overwhelming ZERG push. 2 Medics, both with GR-22's and revive grenades, Engi, and a MAX. It was hilarious, Nade pop's in, kills2, 2 hurt, they rush.. I threw a revive nade, 2 pop up.. I go down, other medic tosses a nade, pop up.. self-heal, dead. Rez, revive nade, 3 pop up, med kit, other medic nanite's..

Gawd the hate yells, as we held that spot.. Oh the hack accusations.. "How you throw many Nades I killed you 3 times. Hackzorzez Troll"

Fun stuff, but yeah. GR-22, Adv laz is a beast.
  10. irishroy

[IMG]
  11. turbomaru

does anyone use the carnage over the 22? could you post a mini review? im trying to decide between them
    the carnage seems worse aside from slightly more controllable recoil and more attachment options(none of them much useful to the carnage) in actual use(trial) the difference is hard to tell, though i do like the recoil of the carnage more im not sure its worth the money
  12. HerpTheDerp

[IMG]

Compared to GR-22: slightly less DPS, slightly slower bullet, slightly worse ADS accuracy on the move, slightly longer reload, 4x more expensive.

And all you get for all that... is balanced left/right recoil.
  13. D-Spirith

IMHO this is the best weapon for combat medic.
    It is fast, stable, accurate, medium damage, everything what i like.
    I use these settings for GR-22:
    • Ammo: Soft point ammunation
    • Optics: Reflex (x1) and (x2)
    • Rail: Advanced laser sight
    This is the beast. I will never switch it.
  14. phreec

You also get the option to equip a compensator and advanced foregrip for the Carnage BR.
  15. HerpTheDerp

Yeah, but why you'd want these on a gun with 0.22 recoil?
  16. irishroy

[IMG]

medicguns you need as a medic:

Gauss (S VERSION FOR UNDERBARRELNADELAUNCHER; FOR BLOWING UP WOUNDED SUNDYS; LIL' ZERG, 1-SHOTTING GUYS ETC.)
    for medium to longerrange battles (for LR: 6x scope and highvelecityammo)
    GR-22 for medium-short-range combat and CQC/CQB

that's all you need, guys!
  17. EViLMinD

GR-22 is hands down the NC CM's best hip-fire weapon, so you absolutely must get the advanced laser (two levels) to get the most out of it. The weapon's rapid TR-like ROF will shred targets in cqc, but it's only good for spaying beyond that though. Which is fine. The gun can still drop mid-range targets easily if you sight and crouch. Just be prepared to burn through your ammo.

I don't recommend soft-point ammo. The GR-22 is best used for cqc, and soft-points will lessen it's effectiveness at that range.
    So, if SPA is what you really want, get a true mid range gun like the NS-11a (great weapon, too). You'll get much better results.

As for scope, I use the 1x because it's best suited for close range. Several people here are saying that they use 2x, but they are wrong. THERE IS NO 2X SCOPE AVAILABLE FOR THE GR-22.

The NV scope would make sense, but I don't use it for this gun. 1x really is the best overall.

As for the Carnage, the other hip-fire monster, I go with attachments that the GR-22 doesn't get: Advanced Forward Grip and Compensator (and 1x reflex). The Carnage is slightly slower yet marginally easier to control than the GR-22, so these attachments suit the weapon's characteristics. It's a good gun in hectic a bio-lab defense, while GR-22 is better for commando assaults.

I like the Carnage, but I can't say it's better than the GR-22. I'd still recommend getting the GR-22 first. However, to save SC or certs, you could just get the Carnage and then unlock both the Advanced grip and Advanced laser so you can swap depending on what is most suitable.
  18. JonnyAFKay

GR-22 is great for short range, ok for medium range and useless for long range. (Depends on ur definition of ranges though i suppose..)

eg: Inside a base/complex is where it shines. Usually when fights are taking place outside around the base at slightly longer ranges, I find it to be a bit weak.

Might look into getting a gun for Medium->Long range battles to support/kill from more of a distance.
  19. Krave

am i the only one who observed that since the last update the recoil is horrible - is that a bug or an intended nerf?
  20. irishroy

i didnt notice any recoilnerf o_O