GR-22

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Kylesal18, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Kylesal18

Okay. After thinking about it I bought the GR-22. I love the gun and have done really well so far.

My question for all of you. What is the best setup for the GR?

I put the HS/NV on it just for fun. I like it, but if something is better I can switch. Right now I have about 110 certs.

Thanks!

Kyle
  2. irishroy

i know, that some people say that the forgrip on the GR-22 is useless. (it´s a bug or so)
    so i would go for soft point ammo, laser-pointer for hipfire and the 3.4 scope :)
    so i think the laserpointer-thing is the most important for the GR-22, cuz´it´s an indoor-beast ;)
    hope, it helps^^

oh, and btw: if/when you´ve got the laser-pointer, tell me pls, how good it is
  3. Kylesal18

Sounds good and thanks! I may stick with the hs/nv because I like being able to see hidden people. I will get the laser next time I am on. I was wondering which was better and seems the laser is the only one working.

Kyle
  4. Odessa

I have advanced laser pointer, soft point ammo and it rocks. All bullets go where the laser points, very quickly too I might add.
  5. irishroy

6. Kylesal18

Sounds good. Thanks Odessa and Irishroy! I will get the laser once I get back on. And will get the advanced laser as soon as I get the points.

Kyle
  7. Vorenius

I personally wouldn't use anything above a x1 scope, if your taking long range shots with a 3.4x with a GR-22, you could be far more effective with a different weapon choice.
  8. Jackblac

I use it with the 1x reflex sight, soft point and advanced laser. Its a beast going in to a building and shooting in the close to medium range. Remember that with soft point ammo you are loosing more damage at range so if you are in an open area its really hard to kill people that can see you. There is one really weird thing with this gun and that is the tr corresponding weapon. It has the same damage, RoF and spread, but it has 10 more ammo per mag(total 40 more bullets). I have no idea why they designed a weapon that is so similar, but worse than the tr corresponding one. Those 10 more bullets give you one more kill before reloading and that really counts when going in to a room.
  9. Epoch/Eep

Adv laserand 2x reflex. (supressor optional, good for solo killing)

Dont use the soft point ammo. They reduce your damage at close range for a med range increase.
    Its best to amke this awesome gun into a very close range death machine. You still get kills at med range if your caught outside but indoors its a beast.
    Dont use a grip. You shouldnt need long bursts to kill someone and with laser sight u can do this from the hip.

(Soft point ammo decreases damage at 10m by 5%, increases at 25m by 15.4%, and decreases it at 50m by 11%.)
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/13a0jc/the_definitive_damage_time_to_kill_and_overall/

Grip and Soft point are for mid range fights and If you want a mid range gun, use the gauss. Its much better for the job.
  10. Cyridius

Only get sights that are 1x. Anything larger introduces artificial recoil and makes it harder to land your shots. That's why it feels so easy to control with the HS/NV sight.
    Also, get a foregrip.

It's not neccessary to get anything on the muzzle unless you're regularly lone wolfing it.
  11. }{ellKnight

What? That I did not expect. But then again it's only 5%, I'll stick with softpoint.
  12. Epoch/Eep

Ye, i used it all through beta and didnt realise. The gun was called the A 14 Torrent then.
    For me, most of my shots aren't fired further than a standard room size distance so that's about 5m. I still get kills at med range,single shot but the gun is mainly indoors for me. Im using Gauss S for anything outside.
  13. }{ellKnight

I don't know, call it placebo but with soft point on my TRV it feels to me like people drop dead quicker at "longer" close ranges while my performance in close range is still the same (meaning the gun still melts face).

A different example: lets say you have something that gives you 5% extra HP. One might think that it helps but that 5% HP vs the amount of HP you loose per bullet doesn't save you even a noticeable number of times. Maybe not the best analogy, I know.
  14. KoooZ

God I would love IRNV x1 if it didn't zoom me in so much more than reflex x1. I get conflicting info on soft point so I'll leave it alone. Laser sights all the way to china, and I'm pretty sure I want the suppressor to keep the red triangle of shoot me! off me.
  15. Ghoest

advanced laser
    2x or 3.4 scope
    regular ammo
    nothing on the barrel

This is one of only 3(maybe 4) NC guns that is viable from the hip assuming you add the advanced laser.

Its good enough from the hip that you dont need a 1x scope for close stuff.
    And while it may not be the best long distance gun its by no means bad out to 50 meters so use the 2x or 3.4 IMO.
  16. phreec

That's false. Soft point ammunition increases the range where your bullets start to lose damage from 10m to 15m, extending your weapons max damage range thus making it more efficient in close-medium range.
    It's the minimum damage at range that's reduced, making the GR-22 deal 100 damage per bullet instead of 112 at 65m and further.

Source.
  17. Vorenius

As much as I wish that were true, current studies show about a 5% decrease at close ranges.
  18. Ghoest

The only tests I know of were done before the last patch. Is there something newer?
  19. Cyridius

Damage below 10m is lower. Past that it's higher.
  20. irishroy

is awesome.
    go for it, and the only thing you have to do to get tons of kills, is: learn to fire in bursts
    than you can win a 1vs1 with a even heavy assault^^