GPU Physics?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ravijn, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Master

If you think you have physX on and it doesn't look like this video....you don't have it on.

• Up x 1
  2. Pinback

As I stated before. No, the old beta drivers do not allow you to enable it. They did in beta, but at this time no drivers, old or new, allow you to turn it on.
    • Up x 1
  3. Battlebird

Seems they disabled Physx again in the launch-build after it was working in the last betabuild.
    • Up x 1
  4. Master

Yeah...im assuming there are some optimizations issue with physX that they want to address...
  5. Fandibus

I am running a Nvidia 670. Any benefit from plugging in a 460gtx to use as a dedicated physx card?
  6. Master

That would have to be tired AFTER they implement physX again. Think they have it off so it can be optimized further.
  7. Dojan=VX9=

Same. I have the 570 so I hope it is not going to kill my frame rates. I hear this game is more a CPU hog so it may not be an issue.
  8. ActionBowman

funny I have crossfire ATI cards and I used the GPU physics option during beta. I can't turn it on any longer and have noticed a performance decrease.
  9. Pside2Dope

Just found this thread googling, any word on this?

Perhaps its a balance issue?

Perhaps it's easier and/or more difficult to perform aerobatics....i imagine the Vanu aircraft would amazing fun to fly with physx enabled (also, obviously, better mouse controls for flight which im sure is already in the works)
  10. BR4DDERS

PhysX doesn't have anything to do with flight control. It just adds better physics to particle effects.

They disabled it because they said it was buggy, they will hopefully enable again the future.
  11. Saulo

Anything new about the GPU?

I downloaded the game today, tryed to play, and noticed that my computer don't have "power" enouth to run the game without the help of the GPU =/ (2 GB RAM isn't very helpful)