GPU physics grayed out?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Samus, Nov 20, 2012.

1. TSR-JoshuaM Customer Service

Anyone using an ATI card with the option also greyed out?

We're just crossing our T's and dotting our i's to make sure we've looked at it from every angle.
  2. herelk

Using an AMD Radeon 6850 its blanked out for me
  3. Cross

FYI, when it was working in beta, and as a user with 3x GTX 580s, I took a pretty massive performance hit in tri SLI. With 2 way SLI and 1 dedicated to physX my framerate didn't really take a hit, but the gameplay didn't seem as smooth.

The latest Beta drivers didn't update PhysX from the previous beta drivers, so it's looking more like it is just disabled. Hopefully it's just being improved upon.
  4. Baleur

Was working in beta with my system and the 310.54 drivers.
    Did not work out of the gate in release, neither with the 310.61 drivers. (properly installed the physx software bundled with the drivers each time, of course). Properly re-installed directX during installation of the release client, perhaps that broke something?

Windows 7 64bit
    8gb ram
    Intel i5
    Asus somethingorother motherboard
    Gainward 560TI
  5. warmachine1

Last days of beta I tried to enable it & saw no visual change, do I have to set everything on max?
    Running medium mostly
  6. Apokh

Using a Radeon HD 5770, it is greyed out.
  7. Sardwyn

greyed out for me too
  8. Wintermist

Greyed out for me too. Enabled in beta. 560ti.
  9. KlyptoK

I'm pretty sure it is required when Nvidia just started PhysX support for planetside 2 at 310.xx and it isn't out of beta yet

306 does not support it.

Not that it matters since it's off, but whatever
  10. Tuco

I hope they re-enable it, I think it took some load off my CPU and gave me at least 5 FPS.
  11. Tuco

I have an NVIDIA card and it's greyed out.
  12. Welph

But will we with an ATI-card ever have this feature ingame?
    Thought it was for NVIDIA-owners only....
    BTW I got an ATI-7950.
  13. Baleur

It's funny, i just shot at the wall with my rifle, i saw physx particles. Yet nothing else shows particles. It's turned off and greyed out. o_O
  14. codeForge

Hey guys I had to turn this option off for now. We're working with the PhysX guys to get this fixed as soon as possible. We all worked really hard to get this ready for launch, but we just have a few more issues to solve.

To be clear, this ONLY affects physx-based particle effects, NOT physics in general (tanks and planes and bullets and such).

It JUST changes the particle effects for certain effects to look incredibly cool by utilizing the GPU to move tens of thousands of particles around rapidly.
    • Up x 3
  15. Root

Glad it's still being worked on. It looked neat but it made an appcrash inevitable.
  16. kologa

I am really looking forward to this being added and I hope it can be added "Soon™"
  17. Envenom

Awesome! Thanks for getting back. So utterly impressed by the footage I've seen! Can't wait for this to get in!
  18. Baleur

I can't wait for ragdolls either! *note the official page, clearly states ragdoll physics*
    http://www.planetside2.com/forgelight (click on physics)

"Realistic Environmental And Rag Doll Physics"
    • Up x 1
  19. Doozie

Dang, I had a feeling it was turned off. I was wondering why some of the graphic effects weren't looking as awesome as they did at the end of beta. Can't wait to see this turned back on guys, it really adds another level of immersion to the chaos!
  20. Samus

Hehe good thing I started this thread! I was unsure if it was disabled officially... good thing to know. Bring it back though It made a world of difference in immerson