GPU physics grayed out?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Samus, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Samus

Hi all,

I have a GTX 680 and the latest beta drivers and the gpu physics is grayed out. Is any body having similar issues? Any clue on fixing this?
    • Up x 1
  2. Razor_Dragon

Try changing your resolution, I had the same issue because for some reason the game thought i had a 1950:1080 monitor and made that the default resolution. (i have a 1650:1080 monitor)
  3. Samus

hmmm just tried that it doesn't work. Also the beta had volumetric lighting will the real release get volumetric lighting?
  4. munchousen

I have same greyed out box for phys X. Windows 8 pro 64, EVGA GTx 660 SC, FX 8120 CPU. Running latest NVIDIA beta driver released today the 20th.
  5. Envenom

I read somewhere it has been disabled temporary...

If you think you have it on, you'll know. It should look like this:
  6. Alexander13

I have an Overclocked NVIDIA 580M GTX with the latest drivers (I'm not gonna use beta drivers, that shouldn't be required) and overclocked to 720Mhz GPU Clock / 1800Mhz Memory Clock using EVGA Precision X 3.0.4.

Not understanding why the physics in grayed out for me too.

Full specs :
    -----------------------------------------
    System Specs :

Manufacturer : Origin (http://originpc.com) (CLEVO)
    Model : EoN 17S (Laptop) (P170HMx)
    CPU : Overcocked Intel i7 Extreme 2920XM 4.1 ~ 4.8Ghz with Turbo Boost
    GPU : Overclocked NVIDIA GeForce 580M GTX (using latest drivers - 306.97)
    Memory : 16GB Kingston Hyper-X Dual Channel @ 1600Mhz
    Primary Hard Drive (Where Planetside 2 is) : OCD Vertex 3 Max IOPS Solid State Drive
    Chipset : CLEVO P170HMx
    Screen : LG FHD LED 1920 x 1080 Display
    Connection : I connect from China (though I'm a US citizen, I'm an expat),but use a VPN to get around the trouble of connecting. I don't know Chinese so I won't be able to play on their servers when they're online either. This is pretty much my only option. It works okay anyway.

But yeah, seriously, this shouldn't be a problem.
  7. Lipps

Bring Back MY Phys X its not the same with out it..:mad:
  8. Lipps

Is it really dissabled..Can I geta confermation on this ?

Thanks
  9. Stellus

Disabled for me. Running 690 GTX
  10. slannmage

Been disabled for now.

It doesn't do anything to enhance the game and you barely notice it.
  11. warmachine1

I tried GPU physics in beta & saw no aditional effects, now its grayed out (updated to beta driver before launch)
  12. Diamond Sword

Even though I don't even have an nVidia PhysX card, enabling it during the beta always gave me a decent FPS boost.
    • Up x 1
  13. electrickrypt

Still would be nice to be able to enable it for the players with nVidia graphics or PhysX cards who enjoy the eye candy.
  14. Lipps

watch the video up a few posts its awsome.. I used to have that
  15. Lipps

SO GM or other FORUM manager.......
    IS it Disabled???
  16. TSR-JoshuaM Customer Service

Just got in this morning and we're waiting on more information to confirm whether or not it has been disabled officially.
  17. Alexander13

Thank you. If not, it needs a fix. What we all seem to have in common is Nvidia cards.
  18. TSR-JoshuaM Customer Service

It is disabled at this time, if we get any information on when it will be returning we'll be here to post it on this thread.
  19. Baleur

Can't wait for it to return! I do hope it's possible to have a slightly longer draw distance of the particles, or have them scale down by distance (so at a longer range you'd still get a few of them, instead of having it turn "on and off" at a set range)
  20. MrTwizzpops

Thanks for the answer! Been bugging me for a while ^_^