Got A Problem? Just use C4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ent|ty, Aug 4, 2013.

1. ent|ty

C4 is the answer for everything.
    C4 is cheap.
    C4 can be plentiful across classes.

Any problem can be <BOOM!> solved in an instant with a bit of C4.

I think Sunderers may need a buff now, its getting a bit easy for C4 guys to drop pod on them and take them out.

This is not a nerf thread, but I'm seeing C4 get use a ton for all sorts of incidents, mainly from drop pods.

I wish it took a bit more work to break an enemy front line, other than setting a squad beacon on my spawn, then drop podding onto your MAX/MBT/Sundie/bigwallofhumanmeat.

As players rank up, cert up, and get more skilled, game adjustments will probably need to be made in order to keep things challenging for everyone, (and certs spent into Sundies worthwhile).

ps. Now watch tons of people obsess about the Sundie comment, rather than address the use of C4 and its balance in the game.
  2. KenDelta

FRANKIEonPCin1080p : Bambies use c4 to solve everything!
  3. Fox Reinhold

JUST USE ALL THE C4!

• Up x 3
  4. Rohnlex

cheap ? no.

Also C4 was nerfed this last patch

If your sundy dies to c4 then go with blockade.
    • Up x 1
  5. NyaR

C4 is for noobz

Mines are for operators

6. Madcat9

I try to use C-4 for lightnings and MBTs while AV mines for sundies.
  7. Kyouki

Don't complain about c4, complain about squad deploy and squad beacons. Without those getting to the vehicles with 2+ infantry to c4 your sunderer is much more challenging
    • Up x 4
  8. Zotamedu

This is the main problem. There are no real counters to the drop pod C4 since players tend not to render and they have the drop pod protecting them until it despawns. When you see the player, it's already too late. The drop pods needs a change so you cannot just pod onto Sunderers and C4 them.

As for people parking Sunderers under buildings and the refuse to protect them, you only have yourself to blame.
  9. Goodkat

Agree. It is drop pods and not C4 that are the problem.
  10. whitupiggu

Did some mean LA just drop C4 on your tank? 100 resources a brick is not cheap. Sunderers with blockade armor also take 3 c4 to blow up. Which only 1 class is capable of carrying.
  11. FateJH

I have a problem; it's called C-4.
    What's my solution?
  12. Jachim

Yes let's instead complain about a very viable teamwork option instead of the C4 which can instagib the already nerfed and scared armor that can't even look at a base without being vaped.
  13. commandoFi

A bit late on the call to nerf C4 on Sundies. Since basically no one uses triple C4 and 2 C4 is a no go, Mineguard is the way to go. I haven't gotten my sundy C4ed in, well, EVER. Drop pod C4 is rather cheap against tanks however, and really the only excuse for letting yourself be C4ed.
  14. CNR4806

What is this magic C4 nerf you're speaking about?
    • Up x 1
  15. LowTechKiller

Distance
  16. theholeyone

I keep running out of C4, what can I use to solve this problem?
  17. FateJH

Tank mines.
  18. LowTechKiller

Equip Engies with portable weapon consoles that we can erect instead of mobile turrets.
  19. Van Dax

The problem isn't the strength, its the fact that they're thrown like a grenade instead of placed or attached like an actual pack of c4
  20. theholeyone

Engies don't fly very well though :(

I mean who hasn't jumped off a landing pad as a class that is not LA thinking that said class was LA...