[GOON] Biggest Swaggest Outfit IN THE WORLD

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by Admiral Snuggles, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Epic High Five

PSSSHHHHHHHTTTT

HEY Y'ALL

GOON IS TAKING IN ALL NON-****LORD NC WHO ARE LOOKING FOR AN OUTFIT POST MERGER

PM ME FOR AN INVITE

NO ****LORDS, GET IN MUMBLE

WE'RE THE BEST AND THAT'S A FACT

PSHHHHHTT OVER
    • Up x 1
  2. Kaiju Cage Match

I have been a member [GOON] for four months and I can testify it's great.

We got:

- A DJ

- Honk Ops

- Space Jam

- Phoenix swarms

- And more.
    • Up x 2
  3. Gaghskull

Kaiju has forgotten an important Friday night tradition in GOON. Friday night usually starting around 7PM Eastern we have drunk ops, that occur concurrently with a quiz for outfit members! You even get a prize for winning!
  4. Kaiju Cage Match

GOON also pulls Battle Gals on a regular basis and riding in them is practically free certs.

We also use them as giant battering rams.
  5. Epic High Five

Our battle gals are legend and are the birthplace of the BATTAL GAL culture of the NC on Emerald. We had the first, we still have the best

Take it from me, a man with over 18,000 certs into his

Hossin is out now so GOON ops have offically switched to ONLY Hossin or Amerish, which are the best continents, so COME ON DOWN, find us in the outfit finder and hop in the mumble!
  6. PYROxSYCO

We need more people active on our forum it's a damn ghost town.....
  7. Epic High Five

Our actual main forum is on the SomethingAwful forums, as we are an SA outfit primarily. If you're a member the thread for GOON is in the private games folder but if you're public you can view the main thread in the gaming forum.

This is just a thread for recruiting, all the serious talk is done off site and the enjin threads are long abandoned
  8. PYROxSYCO

Does it cost to register???
  9. Epic High Five

A $10 one time fee. It's not essential though, while that's where we're based out of I make sure all pertinent stuff is mentioned in-game.

Honk OPS starts in 1 hour if you would like to join us! Ops run every weekend at 7 or 8pm and we've always got a big prime time squad running

It's a huge, fantastic community though and I recommend becoming a member quite highly
  10. PYROxSYCO

O__O

Not a fan of buying stuff but ok, could there be a version with ads all over the place (weridly enough i don't think i would mind that) for some reason i wouldn't mind going back to the Enjni "thingy"
    sorry if it sounds a bit rude but i'm a cheap bastard at points....
  11. Epic High Five

Forums attendance is not mandatory. Just log in and shoot things with us! You can still view the main thread as a non-member though, it's shared with GOKU and a few other goon outfits

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550709
  12. Epic High Five

13. Gaghskull

Just to let everyone know, Prose Ops are the best Ops on Emerald. Battle poetry, slam poetry, and the occasional song that Chet Tungston comes up with makes everything great.
  14. KritischTS

New player here, I tried to find the Daggeractual.com/forum to sign up but apparent;y my google-foo is not stronk enough. Can haz linky?
  15. Epic High Five

the only forums we use really are the ones at SomethingAwful. If you're a goon or willing to plunk down $10 to become one you can hit us up in our private game server thread, otherwise our mumble address and other relevant info can be found here:
    http://www.ps2goon.org/
  16. Epic High Five

We in GOON truly love the NC
    • Up x 1
  17. Solidpew

You can't spell Emerald without IGROWWEARYOFTHISWORLD. Turn down for #butt!
    • Up x 1
  18. Gaghskull

What the hell did your outfit do this weekend? Only the Swaggest and most Glorious outfit of the NC (let alone Emerald), do you get this to happen EVERY SUNDAY.

(Higby, please explain why I exploded after running into the harasser at full health with my vanguard).
    • Up x 1
  19. Epic High Five

GOON is always recruiting! We're pretty much the best, a large outfit without a formal command structure and that welcomes all new players! What else do you need to know? Oh, stats you say? Okay!

For big outfits of 200+ (I don't consider 200+ active to be "big" as this only really translated to 3-4 squads on at a time, but this is the standard) on Emerald, Higby's Heroes is:

- #1 among the NC in average SPH
    - #1 among the NC in average KDR
    - #1 among the NC in average VKPH (vehicle kills per hour SCREEEEEEE)
    - #1 among the NC in average accuracy (!!!)
    - #6 among the NC in average playtime (with about 1/2 of what the top 3 have)
    - all this with an average battle rank of 35.3, whereas the other outfits we're competing with there have average BRs of 50-65

Wow looks pretty good right! Came as a bit of a surprise to me too considering that "bringing in new players and showing them the ropes" is supposed to be something that tanks your stats and outfit prestige but turns out we're better than even the laws of mathematics SUCK IT SCIENCE

edit - SCIENCE STUCK BACK, ABANDON SHIP THE FLYING VANGUARD EXPERIMENT HAS FAILED
    [IMG]

Every Sunday we run a "Pro's E-Prose Ops" at 7pm that is basically a casual ops (all our ops are in the gray area between casual and tryhard, fluctuating from moment to moment) where we all read or share little funny or epic or awesome or whatever pieces of writing with each other. It's great.

On Fridays we have HONK OPS which is like drunk ops but LOUDER and on Saturdays we often have trivia night ops.

On Tuesdays we have our TOTALI-TERRAN OPS where we hop over to play TR on our TR alt outfit, K0TH - Hank Hill Appreciation Station

Any other time we are generally running with between 1-4 squads and ALWAYS welcome new players and veterans alike! Join the outfit so fun that it managed to keep high population even during the horrific release-era Zephyr and ZOE times!
    • Up x 1
  20. Seyr

Yo, I'd like to become a GOON! Whom do I contact to join?