GOODBYE, ORION?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by agentpuhpul, May 30, 2015.

1. nehylen

Yes. To be precise, it's after the second batch of changes that the Sva was no longer competitive against the improved LSW (first shot recoil lowered).
    • Up x 1
  2. Scr1nRusher

They are both good weapons, the Arsenal doesn't "suck" anymore.

Viable weapon choices are a good thing.
  3. Scr1nRusher

Eliminate what is the same and see the actual differences which are so small they are barely noticeable.
  4. ATRA_Wampa-One

Nope.

The Ursa will still be bad, the Flare will still be bad, the SVA-88 will now be bad, the Orion will now bad.

That leaves the VS with just the Pulsar LSW, Polaris, and NS-15m.

It's cool though, we're use to having only 3 good options for guns with one of them being an NS weapon.

I have, multiple times.

Those differences that I've laid out are more than "barely noticeable" if you know anything about weapon stats and what they actually mean.
  5. Scr1nRusher

All the weapons you listed as "Bad" are actually quite good!

But of course anything looks bad if your used to a Standard to a point where you've convinced yourself everything but a select few things are good.
  6. nehylen

Whether they're good on their own is NOT the point. The point is about each weapon having a competitive edge over another in some compartment of the game, so that each gun fills its own little niche.

That is not the case between LSW & SVA on PTS right now.
    • Up x 1
  7. Scr1nRusher

Things called "sidegrades" exist.
  8. nehylen

That's exactly my point. Sidegrades emphasize on a particular area and lose in an other. If it's a pure loss, there's no point in a "sidegrade".
    • Up x 1
  9. Scr1nRusher

The PTS LSW & the PTS SVA-88 have different traits.
  10. nehylen

• Up x 1
  11. Scr1nRusher

12. nehylen

I factored in attachments in that table i mentioned (4th time i think). Except HVA, which should not be used on SVA because it's weak on that gun and counterproductive to its niche (630 =>650m/s with HVA).
    The SVA's role at this point was burst-firing and mid to close range fighting. The LSW was more close-range bound and more accurate towards the end of a burst.

- after 1st patch SVA was improved with identical accuracy (horizontal recoil+ horizontal arc) stats to LSW
    - after 2nd patch LSW was made identical in first shot recoil

LSW gained possible ext.mags (albeit not very useful on the unstable stock stats) and better AdS CoF. Considering they both have similar velocity (10m/s difference), the only advantage kept by SVA will be, as i stated, vertical bias. That's it.

Obviously you're just playing forum ping-pong at this point, but if anybody's actually interested, the data's there.
    • Up x 1
  13. Scr1nRusher

Ok & thank you for the information.

So factoring out what they have in common, what do they have thats different between them?(side by side comparison)
  14. nehylen

In the best setup possible (comp on SVA, grip on both) differences are:

- 10m/s more for SVA
    - no bias for SVA vs mild bias
    - better ads CoF (because comp on SVA) and better hipfire CoF for LSW (buffed on PTS)

Recoil patterns, both vertical an horizontal being either identical, or too close to be distinguishible with that common setup with current PTS stats.
    Attachment-wise, the LSW would have access to ext.mags, which shouldn't be considered seriously unless they alleviate horizontal tolerance, and the SVA to those +20m/s with HVA. In theory you could also make the SVA into a better LS-equiped gun, but that's already the case today on live servers, and not by much. (4.25 default hipfire CoF on LSW vs 4.00 for SVA).
  15. Gutseen

anchor not only looks good, but is usable in over 70 meters with an 3.4x sight
    while msw is **** beyond 20-30 meter cqc
  16. asmodraxus

The 200 damage model has no place on LMG's

Please discuss...
  17. ATRA_Wampa-One

Actually it has no place on carbines or assault rifles either.

But I completely agree.
  18. GarryStutter

The 200 damage model could go for all I care, and one of my current 2 favorite carbines is one. That said, it is only so because it doesn't share as much of the cursor jumping when taking fire as the other 200 damage models.
    I would love to lose 200 damage models if it would make "battle hardened" implants a basic essential no longer, to use said guns.
    That said the jump added from 200 damage weapons destroys longer range potential, which I noticed TR guns actually do best at. You can still land bursts semi adequate at further ranges without the second shot just jumping off your screen, even with perfect compensation the 200 damage models tend to still have a non perfect straight pull up, except for that carbine, AC-X11, still worse at the longer end of medium, but I've come to like it a lot, didn't use to.
    I mean we have good LMGs but the god&gauss saw seem like garbage to me, the AR's are okay but (Edit) "Flinch" a bit too much imho.
    That flinch from taking fire should be normalized, and I still don't understand why it hasn't been but it is what makes 200 damage LMG other than the anchor lame imho.
    200 damage is too low a threshold to change flinch behavior, that is more for 4 shot kill semi autos, or burst weapons that perform similarly as high accuracy ammo "actual" alpha and headshot oriented weapons, like scout rifles.

What would replace it though? I don't know. It is the flavor of blueness... Although that flavor to me tastes like, overkill a.k.a. loss of damage and ammo, and I don't see more alpha coming out of it unless the first shot kills, and even then? Does that stop your opponents bullets from firing to begin with outside of 1 meter/3feet range. Autofire with higher damage and longer interval is a recipe for lost dps, since you lead your fire into a target, the more steady the stream of fire, the more accuracy gained from a constant stream, which incidentally happens to counter lagg issues to an extent. I explained this to Jimmy Whisenhunt the weapon developer, along with ideas I never got credit for, as that is the way video-games go, many minds, little credit. Rant over.
  19. JojoTheSlayer

Nerf the default VS HA Orion from 0.75 to 0.5 and we are done, in my view...
    The other DLC guns can stay the same. The simple reason I am saying this is because I dont want to play a game where every person uses the NS-15M (which also has a 0.75 movement).
  20. Keldred

Its a shame they put the changes on the back burner. having .75 ads has been more a of a hindrance than a benefit to VS. I was looking forward to the increased accuracy, hip, and ADS COF that was being proposed.
    • Up x 1