Good work on the game SOE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hatamoto, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Hatamoto

basically all servers no matter location has low population, and its not even been a year since "release" ... Is this somehow not alarming to you or was it expected? Downhill faster than PS1 ffs ...
    • Up x 2
  2. Sebastien

I think SOE did a pretty good job. It's great that they're listening to the playerbase, and it's great seeing Medium/High pops on the servers.
    • Up x 3
  3. AnotherNoob

What do you want them to say? yes it is bad that the amount of players is going down, but they are actively trying to upgrade the game to make it better, admittedly not very skillful at times, but product development is very much a trail and error process.
    • Up x 1
  4. Badname6587

a great deal of really bad gamers play console only. I still dont understand that PC gaming >>>> console gaming by a landslide.
  5. Kubor

I must admit that Miller was alarmingly slow in terms of population last night, especially considering that it was a Friday night.

I think a lot of people have become bored with the incessant circling of a continent for no particular reason and for no tangible sense of achievement. There's only so many times that you can recapture a base that you already captured 45 minutes ago before it gets drab and uninteresting.

Personally, I can only play for about 30-45 minutes before I've had enough, and that's after spending some time psyching myself up to log in for the daily certs reward.

I really didn't expect to become bored with this game so quickly :(
  6. Shockwave44

That's because they keep merging them.
  7. Kaktwox

Waterson had a similar experience last night with a noticeably low population. I think this problem will snowball out of control before it gets better. As more players witness the lower population they will lose interest in the game as well.
  8. Sulsa

I was going to jump on the 'Rah Rah' thread then I was like 'whaaaaaat???'

<hijack>
    I love this game.
    I've been playing since it's 'official' release'
    I love the dev interaction, constant updates and the good natured, community minded players I find in-game.
    </hijack>
    • Up x 4
  9. Naceo

If you are wondering about the low pop last night. It was pretty much due to the logon servers for all SOE games dieing. Looking at the pops now, everything seems to be back to normal.
  10. TintaBux

Listening to player base but at same time cheating them and ignoring them.
  11. KodanBlack

^ This right here!
  12. Sebastien

How did SOE cheat you?
    • Up x 1
  13. Basti

I could have placed a bet that this thread would exist.

Seriously, login servers went derp, and you come along and scream doom.

The game is very well alive.Yes, it lost lots of players since release, but this is perfectly normal for a F2P game.

It starts with a massive hype and lots of players, then it takes a massive massive dive over a few months.

It then gets to a low level, and at that point it increases again, or keeps slowly dropping.

The key is the low level state, in wich we are right now. If it is not enough players, then development will slow down, and the whole thing will crash. If it is enough players, then development continues, and the pop may slowly rise.

With the whole MLG stuff coming, the current TV ads in Europe, all the stuff on the roadmap, and the next Console generation (more raw power = games become a lot more demanding even for PC = more people will upgrade = more potential players with PCs capable for PS2), as well as a potential PS2 release on the PS4, it is save to say that the game will stay around for a few years at least.
  14. Hatamoto

The logn servers went derp? this has gone on for quite some time ... The game has been advertised piss poor and needed more development time, what we got was a game more naked than the original PS on release. The thing is, SOE talks about how they are the only company making war at this scale available, but at the same doesnt seem to be interested in taking advantage of that fact. This game shouldve been SOE:s dream project, the one that could put them up there with Blizzard in terms of game quality and respect from their players. They were alone in the genre, and yet release the game too early basically without any good meta game .... and SOE is no small company either, there is some serious flaw somewhere in there when an mmofps (with an already established name and reputation) doesnt get more attention and resources spent on it.

I dont think i will ever understand how they work ...
  15. holycaveman

I don't know boys. I have checked the stats. Player base is NOT going down. IT had peaks early. But if you draw a line through the whole time period you would see that its keeping steady.

SOE does listen to players. I feel a little too much. They need to stick to the original concepts and gameplay. Then add the goodies(new guns and vehicles, etc...)
  16. SteelMantis

Well if you would rather go do boring dailies and collect battle pets go play Blizzard games, personally I think this game is killing anything Blizz has put out for a long time.
  17. -Synapse-

For all intents and purposes PS2 is still in early beta. Most of the gun models are place holder, there are huge balance issues, and things are getting broken every patch. This is NOT release quality.
  18. Hatamoto

and that doesnt have anything to do with what i meant ... the focus is not on how good or bad we think blizzards games are, but the undeserving untapped potential of Planetside.
  19. LT_Latency

People say this about every single MMO every made. Yes, things change when updates happen you are correct. If you don't want update and changes that can and will effect the game negatively at times you should stay away from the mmo genre. Not every thing works out the way you want when something hits the live servers