Good with bolt but what about scout?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Bape, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Bape

Ok i've been playing infiltrator 100% using the starter bolt action. So far i think i got the hang of the bolt action rifle and now i think i should move on to the scout rifle. However i see a lot of mix cons and pros about the scout rifles in the NC. Now i seriously need people opinions on which scout rifle is the best im guessing its the shadow but the stalker has fire rate while the shadow has none. What im trying to say here is should i pick the shadow or the stalker and will it still be good some what medium/long range.

Which scout rifle should i pick and why. * I like distance but im annoyed i have to reload per shot so i want to do scout rifle because i know ill have more kills then usual.
    1. Shadow
    2.Stalker

Which scope should i put? The scout rifle has so many and what cought my attention is the night vision to catch those pesky cloak and hidden infantry.

what should i add?
    1. Flash suppressor or suppressor?
    2. should i add laser sight and grip?

I want to hit my target in a way my bolt action does from x9 distance if i see his head and shoot i suspect it to be a head shot. THANKS IF YOU HELP :D!!!
  2. Goats

Well, you should probably try them both out first, if you haven't done so already. Also, they're meant to be used in closeish range, definitely not from as far out as the bolt actions.
  3. Bape

Oh i encountered many infiltrator using scout rifle well mostly all TR use them and i gotta say it does some nice damage. So if i use it as a NC having the dmg passive wouldn't it be far worse for the tr and vanu :D?
  4. Goats

I'm not sure, I haven't used it yet. You can trial guns for 30 minutes, free, though, so you should see for yourself if you like it.
  5. Bape

I tried pressing it but nothing happens lol.
  6. Goats

Oh. Woops. Well then, can't help you anymore, I guess, sorry. Just make sure to double-check that it's not an available weapon in your loadout screen.
  7. Benton!

Don't go for the scout rifle if you want the semi-auto one. Get the "sniper" semi-auto with the iron sights. It is better then the semi-auto scout except for reload speed and CoF when hip firing.
    • Up x 1
  8. Bape

Well i tried the shadow AND IM LOVING IT my kill ratio has improved especially being cloaked going close range is a breeze now lmao. However i would like to know about what should i put on my shadow.
  9. Benton!

Well I would think you would like the Impetus more then the Shadow...but put a 1x or 2x scope on it, silencer, and maybe laser?
  10. Bape

Yeh only problem the shadow has all these scope with weird name wtf lol. Im make a new thread about which scope do what etc.
  11. Benton!

It's not complicated. The only one is the NR/IV but its just a night vision sight. The rest are all simple...
  12. SteelNutz

I use the semi auto one, red dot, 2x reflex and suppressor. This sort of set up is really for behind enemy lines work where no one expects to see you and therefore will loiter stationary (at sunderers/terminals/looking at the map/tabbing to ****) giving ample time to waltze up behind them and insert two rounds into the back of the head (or 4 to the body), cloak and find another victim - yep 2 rounds to kill on the head but the gun has a nice rate of fire so that's not hard.

The cert gain is waaaaaay lower than flank sniping with a bolt action but is damn fun :)