Good Pay to win game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by InvalidTarget, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hpool aka BigNutz

Sure.. Unless i can spawn multiple versions of myself at the same time i do not see how this is pay to win? I cannot spawn a platoon of myself to use these extra grenades vehicle resources, Decent players free or membership will not have this problem as they will play the vehicles correctly.. so no problem here. Nice fail example though.
  2. RandomRope

1.) You think everyone is in public school along with you and does not have any responsibilities like work or relationships?

2.) Because your given an allowance you think the only thing you should spend money on is aesthetics that do not contribute to game play ability. Why the hell would I ever pay to make my avatar have urban cammo which adds absolutely no value to actual game play?

I think you are confusing your junior high-high school sense of responsibility with the real world. This is their line of work. For this game to survive it has to have an inflow of money. So they provide you with choices. You spend your mom and dad's money on neon chassis under lights. Some of us pay $10 and try to make some "different" choices
  3. Tobax

Its NOT pay to win and anyone who thinks it is is stupid, period, you can get everything apart from cosmetic items for free and I don't care if it takes you a week or 2 to do it because there is nothing locked out or restricted from free players like in pay 2 win games, example WoT with certain battle zones and gold ammo.
  4. TopPlayer1999

Your defense is calling me a bad player? Try to make sense. I am always running out of resources and I am not bad. You cant really argue this. I ran out of resources when I had the 25 percent bonus for 1 month.

If a biolab fight lasts more than 30 minutes I will run out of grenades, c4, mines and sticky grenades. I do not see how getting 50 percent more during the fight isn't a massive advantage. All these items are extremely powerful and that is why they limit them by making them cost resources.

Everyone has a different view of what the boogyman word of pay2win means. But the fact is you are paying for extra ammo and that is an advantage you get every time you play. There is no way for someone who doesn't subscribe to replicate that. Even in a year from now.
  5. SenEvason

I was hoping we had seen the last of these threads weeks ago, but I guess I had too much faith in humanity.
    • Up x 1
  6. TopPlayer1999

I agree, the store thing is dumb. But people saying the resource gain is not some form of pay to win are lying.
  7. LibertyRevolution

This is not pay to win... I just started playing this on the last double XP weekend.

I got the AC-X11 for 250 certs, put a 6x scope on it for 30 certs, 100 certs for the suppressor, 100 certs for high velocity ammo.
    480 certs and I have the hard hitting good ranged gun I wanted.

I maxed out my Jump Jets on my Light assault for 810 certs.

A brick of C4 was another 200 certs.

All this just from playing the game. I haven't spent a dime.

I decided to invest in a $15 wallmart card on x3 day, so now I have 6000sc, but I cant find anything i really want to buy with it yet.
    I just can't seeing shelling out for a dalton when I would be flying and not shooting it...
    I think my SC is going to end up going to camo.
  8. TopPlayer1999

I think most agrees that the store is just fine and if you complain about it then you should just find something else. But if you play alot you will see the ingame resource advantage you will have if you subscribe.

You are certainly paying for an advantage over other players during fights. Having the extra c4 always makes a difference.
  9. Lord Robert

OP, like most whiny kids, does not understand what Pay to win means. OP does not differentiate between Pay to win and Pay to not have to grind to get the same gear.
    A common confusion.
  10. Tuco

I wish people would stop talking about games in development. Just pretend they don't exist, aight.
  11. StormHawk

Do remember this is during double XP. It'd take twice as long to get that many certs.
  12. Flappers

So for that reason alone, this game is pay to win... because of the time it takes to gain certs?

You really have no idea what a pay to win game is...
  13. Ronaldspiers

Pay to win? The bog standard weapons you get with each faction are really good. Especially the TR carbine (sorry I forget the name). I use a lot of the initial weapons and seem to do fine. If i die its usually because of a mistake I made or just being a idiot.

P.S. by "Fine" I mean 'fine' for me. I have a KDR of like 0.0000000000000000004 or something and getting 5+ kills in a session is my personal version of "Godmode" :p
    • Up x 1
  14. m44v

I really would like to know if the 100 certs per "few hours" many players boast is what the average player gets, my cert gain is certainly nowhere near that (and I mean without the doble XP bonus we have today)
  15. Ronaldspiers

Find a good liberator pilot with a dalton or zephyr and you can get 100 certs per 10 mins.

Personally my cert gain is probablly about 20 per hour or something depending on whats happening (tbh i have lots of fun in the game and suddenly i look round and I have 150 certs but dont know how long it has been).
  16. m44v

So OP's figure of ~50 hours for get a new weapon isn't really off. I don't doubt that gunning for liberators is profitable but that isn't what the average player does.
  17. Ronaldspiers

Yeah I know was just making a wee joke :)

And yeah the weapons are so expensive in certs, but i do think the initial weapons are pretty good (though its nice to have variety).
  18. Tetryon

The term is pay for convenience, not pay to win.
    • Up x 2
  19. m44v

Unless you want to fly an ESF...
  20. TopPlayer1999

Pay for the convenience to throw more grenades, toss more c4, spawn extra tanks and planes. You can pay for extra ammo, its pretty much the only pay to win feature in the game. Paying for convenience of having more stuff than other players is pay to win.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.