Good gaming fps mouse to recommend?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bot14379, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Azawarau

Im the only person i know who doesn't see anything wrong with playing games with a trackball

My friends make fun of my mouse
  2. AxiomInsanity87

Holy **** lol.

Op you need a mouse with variable dpi, adjustable polling rate, programmable buttons (including macros), flashing lights, weights and gold plated usb.

It needs to also have enough buttons so that you only need to use the keyboard to move, jump and type and it needs to be able to have different profiles you can edit, save and switch to suit different weapons.
  3. AxiomInsanity87

I never got into them even when they were a thing.
  4. Taemien

If you're good with it, have at it is what I say.

I used to get picked on by my friends have having way too many buttons on mine:

[IMG]

But now I pick on them whenever we pick up a new MMO (which are leaning towards action combat) and they have to use WASD to move with QERXCV for actions while aiming the mouse. I just remap keys back to numbers and use the mouse.

Like I said.. overkill for a FPS.. but not quite, pulling out knife and other tools is pretty intuitive once you're used to the mouse. And I just remapped grenade throw to 0 which is that bottom right button (G18) and that improved my grenade accuracy significantly. Really useful for those precise rez grenade throws.

One of the things I've been doing lately is tossing grenades to hit spawn beacons that are not within LoS. Really helpful on my new character that doesn't have LA certed.
  5. DarkStarII

So do I :eek:
    • Up x 1
  6. Isba-Tetudee

Its not a FPS but it have weapons. Yes,im talking about WARFRAME :D
  7. K2k4

Think a good gaming mouse will show a noticable difference in my killing potential?

Just wondering, i use a 1200 dpi logitech i got from sams club and i didn't get better.
    • Up x 1
  8. stalkish

I use a £5 logitech mouse.
  9. AxiomInsanity87

It won't make you better

It will give you the means to get better, but that's on you to get there.
  10. customer548

A decent mousepad (10-15 bucks...You may find great ones for way cheaper, but they may not last for a long time) may be of any help to improve your results.If you're using a 1200 dpi mouse on a desk made of glass or on a garbage piece of plastic, you'll loose the benefit of your hand tracking.
    But a decent mousepad will not make you suddenly becoming an incredibly great player. It just may be of a little help.
    If you have doubts about your own mouse reliability, check internet reviews/tests. If it's a garbage one, go for another one. No need to spend more than 50-60 bucks.
    Logitec makes quality, reliable and long-lasting products. And Logitech mouses have the endless scrolling wheel...once you tried it, you'll just need it for all daily computering tasks.

As far as i remember it, Taemien's one is a MMO oriented one. It's a good mouse for sure, but its size makes movements a bit hard to accomplish if you need to react in quick ways while playing at FPS games.
  11. Gundem

And your point is?

A cheap mouse has cheap quality. My mouse is higher quality.

Unless you are implying that your mouse has the same functionality as a high level gaming mouse?
    • Up x 1
  12. RedArmy

was on sale at walmart for $15
  13. Rainproof

14. SQPD

I use a Dell W7751 USB mouse. It has a ball instead of a laser
    Not Vanu. I prefer it to most gaming mice. It's less MLGHeavy.
  15. CorporationUSA

From my own experience, I started using some cheap mousepad and a Logitech MX400. Upgraded to a new mouse pad(Steels Series QCK), saw a small increase in accuracy. Later on bought a Logitech G502 and Corsair MM200 mousepad, and after a few days to get used to it, my accuracy was already better than ever. After a few months, I was playing an a whole new level.

Perhaps my issue was that I was using a laser mouse, which has unreliable acceleration built into it. This makes it so building muscle memory for twitch aim is almost impossible. Maybe it was because I was using a low dpi mouse, and it's better to use a high dpi with a lower sensitivity. I don't know if that is true though, so just something to consider.

It's definitely not a placebo. I tried for years to get by without buying a gaming mouse because I thought it was just a marketing ploy. Maybe all you need is a good optical mouse to have great aim.

BTW, the G502 is $40 at Best Buy right now, which is a freaking steal.
  16. Beerbeerbeer

Agree.

I went from using a decent Logitech laser mouse on a wooden desk to the g502 and mm400 and its like night and day for me.

Head shots is what really up for me as that mouse and mouse pad allow for that tiny adjustment to the head without under or overshooting. It's really precise in movement, way more so than my old setup and is exactly what is needed if you're a headhunter.

The only caveat is that it took me a long time to get the dpi setting to something I was comfortable with. I tried numerous values, kept having to log out and back in to adjust on their software until I settled on 900 dpi.

I ended up setting a separate dpi for vehicles, ground and air respectively, and switch through the mouse on the fly.

The thumb rest on the g502 is a really nice detail too that I really like.

Oh, another caveat that wasn't a big deal and fixed by tape was/is the cord. It's smooth, but for me even that rubbing against the mouse pad kind made things uneven in movement. Others might pay this no mind, but I ended up taping the cord on a lamp post so it doesn't rest on the pad AND, most importantly, there is enough slack for unfettered movement.
  17. MikeyGeeMan

M65 rgb vengeance, just love it. Feels right.
    K65 rgb solid keyboard cherry mx reds. Tenkeyless

Mouse pad is a glorious xxl extended. Feels like a corsair mm200 but has better friction. And takes up the whole desk. Finished off with a glorious tenkeyless wrist rest.

These are my goto products. Will buy again and again.
  18. PasitheeVS

I would suggest the Corsair Katar at 40$/40€

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/katar-optical-gaming-mouse

(lightweight, no braided cable, 8000 dpi Optical(!) sensor, however only 1 extra button...)

or the Corsair Sabre Optical at 50$/50€ (street price) (with the new logo!)

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-gaming-sabre-optical-rgb-gaming-mouse-ch-9000111-na

(pretty lightweight, 6400 dpi optical Sensor, 5 extra buttons, RGB lights, however with braided cable... looks great, feels stiff...)

I have the Corsair M65 on a Razer Goliathus Speed (mousepad). It feels very precise, but the ergonomics on the mouse are sh... wait for it - it.
  19. stalkish

Yes thats what im implying.
  20. Gundem

Okay, I guess that's your loss, not mine.

Although you are actually wrong, since if my mouse has DPI cycling buttons, extra macro buttons, thumb buttons and scroll wheel buttons, and yours doesn't, it physically does not have the same functionality as mine. Just saying.
    • Up x 1