Good Battle Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeadlyPeanutt, Nov 13, 2014.

1. DeadlyPeanutt

as a partial cure to the formside whines, I thought a Good Battle Thread might be pleasant.
    Please post descriptions and or pictures/videos of battles that you played that were epic, amazing, heroic, or just plain fun.

I'll start/give an example:
    I was playing TR on Emerald just before the alert with a platoon doing a standard tower cap right before the maintenance today. We had six minutes until the maintenance, four minutes to complete the cap, no problem... vanu, light resistance, a bit of armor, but nothing serious.

about two minutes before the cap was complete, someone decided to dump two or so platoons into the spawn room, because they came poring out, a true vanu hord, killing everything in it's path... they took A point easily, walking right over my corpse.

we beat them back with difficulty then pushed into A with a max crash and a lot of rez grenades... by the time we took back A, there was 25 seconds on the cap and 30 seconds before the servers shut down.

three maxes and five engies and a bunch of medics and heavies were all crowded into the closet of A point, firing out wildly as the C4 kept flying in the door and the rez grenades kept popping around us. seconds before both the cap and the severs shut down i came alive standing just inside the door of the room, ADS on an ugly purple guy with an over shield blazing.. i shot him in the face and then his partner behind him.

we capped and two seconds later the servers shut down. great battle... the vanu fought with honor, just not as well as the TR... grins. This time.
    • Up x 2
  2. DFDelta

4 or 5 days ago, don't remember when exactly, I was on my little TR toon on Miller.

We were holding Regent Rock Garrison against a VS siege coming from the west. It was a pretty fun battle with around a platoon worth of players on each side (was rather early, so there were not many players around anyways), waging back an forth. Sometimes we got as far as their sunderers, sometimes they had all 3 points for a few seconds but no clear winner emerged.
    After half an hour or so a NC platoon with about the same manpower of our two factions rolled in and took position in the east.

What followed was probably the best 3-way battle I've seen the whole last year, with everything balanced almost perfectly 33/33/33.
    VS fortified to the west, NC in strong positions to the east and TR sandwitched between them. All factions holding the point on their side.
    Sometimes one of the attackers would flank and put real pressure on the other attackers sundies, only to get pushed back again when TR used the higher position of the tower to rain death from above on the flanker.
    3-way tank battles on the eastern hills and the "forest" on the west. Air squads of all factions above shooting each other down.
    MAX-crashes from one or the other faction taking one of the enemy points, getting blasted to bits by forces from both other factions. Either by them trying to get back "their" control point or by the other guys using the opening this gave them.
    Several gal and valk drops. Light Assaults from all 3 factions jumping up and down on the tower killing eachother.
    Guys with the drill sergeant screaming "Maggot" all over the place.
    Poor me was running around as an engie trying to keep our MAXes alive or going around on MCG killing sprees as a heavy.

It was glorious and lasted for almost 2 hours.
  3. patrykK1028

Once I was playing with couple of guys from Outfit against two brothers. They were very good, and ofc had amazing team play. It was one of few battles where I wasnt getting frustrated by deathstreaks. And I was never that satisfied of a game, when I managed to get on 6 killstreak (so killed them both 3 times in a row).
  4. Nick Riviera

No words right now for the epic battles that I've been in. But have you ever just stood back for a few seconds and watched the large battles going on around you? Watching the explosions, tracers, rockets flying seemingly in random directions, plus the sounds. All of that on the large scale you get in planetside is well pretty freaking sweet!

This reminds me to get some video next time...
    • Up x 1
  5. Mythologicus

I had a good battle once. On Amerish. There was a huge line of NC armour and Sundies pushing across a field toward some TR base. There were Anchored Prowlers lying in ambush. There were flanking Lightnings and Prowlers. There were infantry pushes desperately trying to scramble closer, ducking behind large boulders and crawling along steep slopes. It was a good thirty minutes of inching closer and closer, a massive armour and infantry battle that was balanced.

That was four months ago. Somehow almost all of the large battles since have been...stale. The only action that has come close has been on Esamir, fairly recently. Convoys of Prowlers and Sundies across the tundra, ambushed by a handful of Magriders...or the opposite: Convoys of Magriders ambushed by anchored Prowlers on the (not ******* enormous, thank you Indar) hillsides.

Beyond that though...well, there's a reason all I ever do with my tanks are drive them behind enemy lines: Because the front lines are boring now for some reason. Seems like in the handful of open(ish) areas where some good large-scale combat could take place, the opportunity is squandered by a larger force rolling on through to a base with absolutely zero pre-prepared defences. If the base had at least a small amount of defence beforehand, the attackers could be delayed long enough for reinforcements to push them back to open ground. But for some reason, it's either an equal-numbers indoor fustercluck or a one-sided outdoor steamroll from A to B.

EDIT: ...there goes the cure for forumside whines. OP isn't trying hard enough!
    To be honest though, I do still have some crazy moments with my tanks. It's usually just playing murderous chicken with superior forces.
  6. CursoryRaptor

I think this happened last week.

BBAT was forming up for some siege tanking -- something we've become very good at lately. We pulled our Prowlers and repair/ammo Sundies, and we rolled out to flank a VS siege on a base on Esamir. Our outfit leader, Fixit, suggested we flank from the hills to the enemy's east so we could sneak up on them. Sure enough, once Fixit said we'd gone far enough that we should be in a pretty good position, he asked me to poke my Prowler nose out and take a look around.

I eased my Prowler out just enough to get an angle on the VS forces below, and it was a beautiful sight. Lightnings, Sundies, and infantry with nowhere to hide, and all of them facing away from me. "Oh, I am a bad day just waiting to happen," I said on comms. That was all the signal Fixit needed. "You heard the man, he's a bad day! Get a repair Sundie behind him and park the rest of the Prowlers along the ridge! Raptor, open fire!" He didn't need to tell me twice. From that one position, I took out six Sundies, four Lightnings, and a lot of infantry.
  7. RykerStruvian

Nothing super memorable has jumped out at me in a while. I do find good fights though. Most of the memorable fights I've had though were on Connery.

One of the main ones I remember is something of a bad memory between myself and a few others who were in Auric Eclipse. All we have to do is say 'Dahaka' and we immediately know what the other is talking about. We moved in to capture Dahaka with a platoon, some members of GOLD along with PGx, Monroe acting as PL. We fought the defenders, took the point, and waited for the base to flip. PGx moved out to take the satellites, GOLD stayed behind to hold the point.

Out of ******* nowhere, and I seriously mean nowhere, two or three FutureCrew sundies appear, roll into the base with dual furies blazing. With 30 seconds left on the cap, FutureCrew kicked us off the point and then the fight just exploded. Monroe was pissed off yelling over comms, we were busy trying to resecure the place.

It was ******* awesome. Good fight.

We lost