[Suggestion] "Godsaw" type weapon for engineers

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Sir Sovereign, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Sir Sovereign

Was pretty excited to learn that engis could use lmgs a while back until I realized we couldn't use directive weapons.. Not entirely sure that decision was made.

But can engineers (all classes really) get a weapon that's useful against both armor and infantry? It doesn't have to be near the best for either, but a decent weapon with a secondary mode would be lovely.. We have the crossbow which is okay, but the Archer is just awful... It could be a Doku or NSX weapon and every class could use it for all I care, but engis (which makes little sense) and medics seem to get crapped on by light vehicles all the time

And for the love of god, please don't make NC's a shotgun that you have to be under 10m from the target lol
    • Up x 1
  2. Sir Sovereign

Or possibly a "sidegrade" to the MG turret to make it a slower firing HMG to damage both infantry and armor?
  3. TR5L4Y3R

a handheld basilisk would be too op ...
    as a turretoption with fair pitch? sure
    i would wish they also give the current turrets higher pitch to hit aircraft ...
  4. LaughingDead

A handheld basalisk would do less than a godsaw at both infantry and armor.
    Wanna do that math again?
  5. TR5L4Y3R

godsaw max damage 200, mindamage 167 till 105 m, rpm 500

basilisk max damage 250, mindamage 167 till 60 m, rpm 400

so upclose against infantry the basilisk is stronger per shot ..
    i don´t know the resistences on armor so by all means feel free to provide them ..
  6. Sir Sovereign

stronger per shot, sure, but both share the same dps up close lol
  7. TR5L4Y3R

"lol" what? same dps means that for an engineer it should be a stationary weapon, the engineer has no reason to be up close, especialy not alone
  8. Prudentia

godsaw in AP mode does 125 damage and they both use the same resist type.
  9. Sir Sovereign

What does that have to do with anything? Most of engi's weapons are for CQC.. I was just saying the dps is the same lol

So really a basilisk turret would be better in just about every way
  10. TR5L4Y3R

the cqc weapons are rather for the LA
    a engineer lacks both the mobility and surviveability to propper use cqcweapons
    that´s why there are many ranged weapons and shotguns with with the option for slugs ..
    unlike LA and HA you´re not realy supposed to go in with an engineer, you fire behind a turret or from second row ..

what is with you guys and ending any sentence with lol? ..

a basilisk turret would be the appropriate option for the engineer anyway ..
    as the engineer isn´t exactly supposed to be too mobile and turrets serve a bit as extra-hp for it ..
  11. Sir Sovereign

the only classes that the engineer aren't meant to take on are heavy assaults and MAXes... no other class besides heavy assaults and MAXes themselves are though, sooo..
    The engineer has carbines as their primary loadout because they are a support class and infinite ammo. We got one battle rifle and shotguns just like most other classes.

Engineers, Light assaults, and medics all have the same HP and shields so no idea how engineer is seen as a glass class "lol"
  12. TR5L4Y3R

medics have selfheal by default, LA survivability is in mobility .. the engineer at best has a faster shieldrechargetime that he can only make use of outside combat ..