Global Characters with Server Selection

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeonSonic, Oct 17, 2015.

1. FateJH

Okay, maybe I should have asked that instead. As long as I know what game it is, I can always mine information about server population caps and hourly turnover myself. Thank you.
    But can you build an argument that having server transfers is why SWTOR is prospering and PlanetSide 2 is not? Look, you want to convince people of the allure of this idea, you need to alleviate their concerns that this is not going to cause its own form of exceptional faction calculus chaos that causes greater chances of having faction-stacked servers and truly ghostly servers.

More to the point, there has never been anything that stops you from making a character on the server to which you wish to transfer and playing there. Games should be fun from beginning to end, not only after you get past a certain level, or unlock a certain feature. If you are really that dissuaded from starting a game because you feel you will be "barebones" compared to others who have played longer, then you should shake off that nonsense and do the proper thing - have fun.
  2. NeonSonic

I made TR NC and VS chars on Emerald and put tons of cash into this game. If they allow a better char system as mentioned before, then people can save money and take their chars to the AM and play EU with their chars or vice versa. So I'm really hoping they institute a better character management system. Even if it is just char transfer tokens. The only server left are the EU servers if I decide to play in the AM since Connery pop is suffering.

But more to the point, Ive been playing FPS games since 1999 (Half-Life Opposing Force) so I highly doubt people are going to stack one side, especially if it gets high population, and the devs put population checks in place so people don't overpopulate 1 side.

It would help if you could see the number of people logged in too as opposed to just a percentage of pop so fair people would balance it out. The only games I've seen fail are Star Wars Galaxies and PlanetSide (until they brought BFRs in balance) and now this game (since there are no services for your character they just rot on dead servers) so the devs should fix this problem.
  3. TheChris

Yep the Client needs to be milked.
  4. NeonSonic

a new system to handle chars is seriously needed devs are you paying attention to this? especially since there is nothing on the roadmap and most servers are at low pop cause people cant swap servers with their chars. also before more people come over here im aware of the basic temporary solutions to this issue but thats not my complaint its that the devs need to finally step in and address their terrible character handle system since this is an MMO game that doesn't carry a ******** of gear u should be able to choose whichever server u want with whichever char u want, period. also since this is an fps game. in other words bump, so the devs can see the character select needs a revamp. :)

thank you for your time.
  5. NeonSonic

Might increase player subs too as servers will be more populated from the increased player capacity from being able to select the server you want with whichever char u have so devs you might make some more money in the long run.