[BUG] Glaive IPC placement restrictions bug?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pat22, May 5, 2017.

1. Pat22

So I've been building a few bases lately and noticed a bug with the Glaive IPC.
    The Glaive is subject to placement restrictions sharing no-placement zones with turrets and, I think, with Orbital Strike generators. You cannot place it near these other structures.

However, the reverse is not true. If you put the Glaive down first, you can then place other turrets next to it, as well as an Orbital Strike generator.
    • Up x 1
  2. stalkish

I didnt think turrets had the restriction, then again ive never built a glave first lol, so i guess ive never experienced that situation.

Great piece of advice tho, i did wonder about the glaive + orbital strike problem, especially since they are making it impossible to fire an OS under a skyshield. Gona need that glaive to down the skyshields surely...

Thanks for info
  3. Pat22

Technically, the limit between two glaives is 200m, and I assume the limit between a glaive and an OS would also be 200m, so it would be possible to fit both within the range of one silo but they have to be at opposite ends of its range, making a very large base.
    • Up x 1
  4. stalkish

Indeed, and when youre trying to build an OS to destroy a well defended base you dont want a massive hard to defend base yourself.
    Heres to hoping they remove the glaive limit, not to allow 2 glaives, but to allow a glaive to go next to anything else, not like its a death to auraxis cannon really is it....

In the mean time ill take your excellent work around, and build my glaive first :D.
  5. Pat22

Might be slightly more effective when it "stuns" skyshields. But even then, I'd like to see it have a more of 50m no-deploy zone with other glaives rather than 200m.

Having to plop down a silo, AI module and repair module for each individual canon isn't much of a limiter and it's actually probably making it harder with the enemy to deal with the guns.