Given The Upcoming Changes to Alerts, Let Us Lock All The Conts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheShrapnelKing, Aug 4, 2014.

1. TheShrapnelKing

Seriously, the way the alerts will work perfectly solves the problem of how to "win" the server while not having to cut one entire faction out of the game while the other two duke it out. It simply comes down to whether the dominant faction ends up with 85% of the last continent. If they do, they should just "win" the server. How long have I been saying we need an endgame? And not just and endgame, a running tally of who has won on each server. This is the perfect time to implement this. I know having that incentive will make people feel much more compelled to fight for every base they have and actually try to lock continents - after all, if we were allowed to lock them all, then the only way you should be able to unlock them is if another faction conquers a continent: this would unlock one of the continents conquered by another faction. In effect, to "win" you would need to conquer all four continents while never allowing the enemy to do the same - a suitably nigh-impossible mission, but possible nonetheless. I'm sure at some point it would be done - and much glory and eternal bragging rights will be bestowed on the lucky few who are part of that war-winners club.

I know some people insist, for some inexplicable reason, the game shouldn't have an end state but, that essentially makes capturing territory pointless, and I want that to be the PRIMARY goal.
    • Up x 2
  2. DAdinictus

No.
    • Up x 3
  3. TheShrapnelKing

Why
  4. KnightCole

Sooo...after every alert the game literally becomes unplayable? Cont lock is already sooo beyond stupid that only words worthy of a ban can describe.

Cont lock needs to go the hell away.

You go to log in the game...."Game entry denied" (no accessible spawn points detected)......I am sure people would leave this game sooo damn fast if that became real...
    • Up x 4
  5. M4gn1

Yeah sure you will get an entire server locked because some dudes will cap everything during the night. GREAT plan.
    • Up x 3
  6. xboxerdude

It should be a 10 minute lock then every thing gets reset, I love the idea , screw the haters, territory control SHOULD be the primary objective in this game, not cert farming.
  7. KnightCole

IKR, THAT alone would kill the game....literally...you would be unable to even log in...the thought is both rage inducing and funny as all hell.
  8. Alchemist44

Well, if this idea goes through Im sure PS2 would lose most of its paying playerbase and some of its non-paying base. Who the hell would want to pay for a game one cant even access on one's own term?! Its like if Skyrim made the exe file non executable for 12 hours if you die more than 2 times in 30 minutes. Im sorry, but thats just stupid.
  9. AdmiralArcher

how about a 30 second lock and the winning faction gets 25 certs?
    everyone would still be in game

then they could rotate all warpgates and maybe even switch them up a bit
    • Up x 1
  10. NinjaTurtle

How would you play if all continents were locked?
  11. Dis

Ladies and gentlemen: the Planetside 2 community.
    • Up x 2
  12. xboxerdude

It doesn't have to stay locked , get that idea out of your head, it's just temporary , and the lasting effect my be certs lets say 500 to the winning factions characters (they don't even have to play in it)
  13. TheShrapnelKing

Are you this stupid or do I actually need to specify it would reset after someone wins?
  14. TheShrapnelKing

I thought the idea that the server resets would have been obvious but apparently no one thought of that.
  15. TheShrapnelKing

Oh my god with would RESET AFTERWARDS you dumbasses. What, did everyone in this thread honestly think I was advocating leaving a server locked forever?
  16. Latrodectus

You didn't specify it in your post, which means you did a poor job of communicating your idea.
  17. TheShrapnelKing

I thought it would be OBVIOUS. Who in their right mind would actually advocate leaving an entire server online just to be completely locked to show off the fact that someone "won"? And who would actually advocate kicking everyone on that server essentially out of the game and nulifying all their progression as a result? I don't understand how anyone could come to the conclusion that that's what I was talking about, it's so stupid that it would make no sense for anyone to advocate it.
  18. NC supporter

The more restrictive a game becomes, the more quickly the game dies out. User generated content is the best thing to keep a game alive. It allows players to experiment and have fun. Sometimes bugs are also the things that makes a game most fun. It was funny to see magriders use galaxies as mobile transport pads in the air. You remove the quirks, you in turn make the game very stale. Continent Locking does restrict users but lets not make it even more restrictive. This is also Phase one of continent locking mind you so there will be better changes in the future.
  19. TheShrapnelKing

What do physics glitches have to do with having an end goal? Without an end goal, I don't feel like capturing territory means anything. But if I can capture the whole server, well then every base I take is one step closer to domination.
  20. Latrodectus

Probably the same kind of person who suggests trying to force an entire server's population onto a single continent, pretty much ensuring that the majority of the population is stuck in the VR room or in queue with nothing to do.