Give vanu a automatic pistol

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by borgqueenx, Nov 23, 2015.

1. borgqueenx

Vanu doesn't have a automatic pistol at all? only one that bursts 2 rounds.
    This is stopid and makes stalkers on other factions more powerful then vanu for close combat IMO.

Can we please get a automatic gun? thanks.
    • Up x 2
  2. Deffington

Does NC have automatic pistol? Our AMP is not very favorite, as far as I know. I usually meet infils with blackhand/commisioner...
  3. borgqueenx

i really like the commisioner, but its not a gun for me to use. It does not forgive a bad aim, especially versus heavy assaults. i want something more forgiving and this is where a automatic pistol would be best.
  4. DrBrainius

why about the spiker?
  5. borgqueenx

the spiker is burst, its not automatic.
  6. PWGuy93

Playing between Vanu and TR, TR semi auto pistol keeps my Infiltrator alive where the Vanu pistols require 100% accuracy. It's all about the Lag and where they are vs. where I shot to begin with. The TR pistol is forgiving and helps me play during my network lag and actually keeps me away from playing Vanu.
  7. Armcross

Enlist to TR
    • Up x 3
  8. borgqueenx

never you infidels!
  9. Armcross

Free best pistol for everyone.
    • Up x 1
  10. RedArmy

theres supposed to be an NS auto pistol comming out eventually
  11. Eternaloptimist

I'm not sure any faction does. They all have access to a burst pistol (only the TR one comes as a default. You need to save up and buy the LA Rebel or the Spiker for the other factions). I'm not sure about the Magscatter or the AMP equivalent but I think those two weapons are very niche and VS does have the charge up mechanism on the Spiker which is just as useful, from what I hear (winks)

I have just started playing stalker infil and I find that:
    • I am a poor pistol shot
    • the horrendous noise and slow rate of fire on NS weapons is not for me
    • the TX1 Repeater is awesome
    • the Magshot often makes up for being a semi auto with its higher damage per shot and its decent rate of fire
    • you can spam Beamer shots as fast as you can press the mouse button
    As the general idea is to shoot some unsuspecting enemy in the back of the head from point blank range I generally find I can do OK with any of them if I do it right. But if I get it wrong the Repeater is usually my only salvation (and a pretty slim one at that)
  12. Keidranex

As Vanu, I believe the closest you can get to an automatic secondary right now is the Spiker, and for NC the closest automatic secondary is the Desperado, both of which have a 2x burst. Use the click-hold, click-hold method for firing burst weapons as quick as possible.
  13. Moz

Only faction with full auto pistol is TR. Should stay this way..... but it wont. :(
    • Up x 4
  14. AF8RailJack

I completely agree with you. Stop trying to make all the factions carbon copies of each other.
    • Up x 4
  15. Gundem

Well frankly, the NS revolvers are overpowered as hell. Not saying anything about the AMP or other ES pistols here, but the revolvers really just outshine any ES pistol.
    • Up x 1
  16. Armcross

All NS revolvers belong to NC, it all fits with their traits.
  17. AxiomInsanity87

Give TR gk the saron mag dump mechanic then.

Cheers.
  18. Keidranex

I like that idea. Change the Mag Scatter to a Judge-like revolver.
  19. asmodraxus

Planetside 1 pistols

TR Repeater - ok
    NC Magscatter - ok at close range
    VS Beamer - utterly useless considered a joke by many, known as the flashlight
    NS AMP - the weapon that everyone used (especially the VS)

Planetside 2

Repeater top performing pistol
    Magshot - ok but could be better
    Beamer no real difference between PS1 and PS2 except that the PS1 Beamer had more options ie the AP mode
    NS Commisioner - more NC ie low DPS but very high alpha damage

When the top performing pistol for the VS is an NS weapon beating the Beamer (unlike the other two empires their top performing pistols are the starter ones) you know that there is something really wrong with the starting pistols especially as they are meant to be "side grades" except they aren't in practise. The NS weapons are complete upgrades over the basic line up except in the burst fire varients and possibly the AMP (except that might need more ammo in the clip).

The entire selection of pistols needs a complete overhaul and or balance pass to be honest.
  20. borgqueenx

im not saying i need exact copies of te factions. one can always make the pistols have more recoil, velocity blablabla. but automatic for a stalker is just overpowered.