Give us transfers allready or close down/merge Ceres

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NightmareP69, Aug 31, 2013.

1. NightmareP69

VS and NC Ceres players are sick and tired, specialy the VS who have been underpoped for the entire year now.
    TR has been overpop the entire year so far and it has made fights just horrible. Ceres is unplayable 50% of the time, only occasionaly theres a prime time where all 3 sides are at least somewhat balanced in numbers but mosty it's like this.

Video recorded 2 days ago

And here's a screenshot taken today (31.08.2013) during a world wide alert during prime time.
    [IMG]

Give us transfers so we can leave the TR here to fight themselfs or close the servers down and move each faction to the servers that needs them the most or wait for Hossin to come out and than merge us with another server since servers are gonna be fairly low pop once you increase the player count by 2000 thanks to the new continent.
    • Up x 1
  2. FrenchNico

It is true that the situation on Ceres is getting worse. If there is a merge I hope it will be with a good server.
    • Up x 1
  3. NightmareP69

Woodman, please dear Higby god, pick Woodman!
    • Up x 1
  4. AntonioAJC

Well, right now on Woodman the population is balanced... Except when an alert pops up and everybody goes to 4th faction VS
  5. NightmareP69

If we merged it would fix that issue, due to VS underpop on Ceres, TR overpop and NC are in between.
    The only downside I'd see for Woodman players would be for VS and TR, since they'll be driven insane by the 3 NC outfits who only fly Reavers and Libs 24/7
  6. Delnar_Ersike

Server transfers are what people want, but it's not what they need. What they need is for proper population balancing, due mainly to the effectiveness of zergs. Since it's player numbers that matter as a result, factions with the higher numbers will win more. Server transfers would only compound the issue, as all factions would isolate themselves to different servers, just like the way it was with continents when XP bonuses were based off of world population instead of continent population. Making XP bonuses even greater (+100% XP ceiling?) would only be a bandage fix, as it would entice more people to play on underpop factions, but not enough.

The only proper fix would be to render zergs ineffective, that way average skill would take precedence over numbers. Problem is, saying "all we have to do is make zergs ineffective" is like saying "all we have to do is kill the Batman" from a design standpoint.

For now, the only thing I can think of is try to play at a different time on Ceres. It might have TR overpop during daytime GMT, but after about 8-9PM GMT, it gets NC overpop instead, with the extremely rare VS overpop during the early morning hours of GMT.
  7. IamDH

Ceres is seriously a dead server
    I have a VS account there but i don't play because there are only 2 outfits and no battles whatsoever
    • Up x 1
  8. Pikachu

What people need is forced server transfers... to make sure populations are even.

About Ceres, vanu players are good there like on Cobalt. Terrans about the same as Cobalt. NC much better than on Cobalt and has higher numbers at night. Atm it's 40% terrans, me included.
    [IMG]
  9. Horpradga

Yes, Ceres is unplayable for VS now. I just gave up today after spending about 5000SC on my char. Too bad, I like the game and I like the char and the style of the faction. But there's 3 TR for every VS in every fight, so it's just pointless.
  10. IamDH

Go to Woodman its alot better
    • Up x 1
  11. Pikachu

Make some of your vanu friends on Cobalt come to Ceres.
  12. Horpradga

Have no friends on other servers :p And I dont want to migrate if thats gonna cost me all my spent SC. It's just me and my GF, both keeping a K/D of 2 or higher, struggling like hell, but can't win versus a 3 times larger opposition.
  13. Stronzenglubber

Yes, I feel the same way. I was playing Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne for 9 years every evening and PS2 was the first other game I really liked since then. I was even thinking about getting a payed account. But the last week was really depressing: Every Alert on every evening was almost completely happening without VS participation. After about an hour or so, the population of VS on Ceres droppet to about 20%. The game is really ANOOOOOING then. Every evening I give up earlier. Currently I feel like becomming a permanent "-1". :(
  14. Lord_Avatar

Well, concerning alerts on Ceres (I won't mention the latest Tech Plant rush... TR - how you managed to fail so miserably is beyond me...) - TR actually care to migrate to other continents when an alert hits. The NC tends to do that as well. The VS - I've yet to see some coordinated effort.
  15. Horpradga

Coordinating 21% VS pop vs 63% TR doesn't really have any effect. Then you look at Esamir and it's 18%. Then you jump to Amerish and it's empty. Then you log out.
  16. KAHR-Alpha

Blame the north warpgate, things weren't pretty for TR when we had the SE.
  17. LordMondando

Server transfers are only likely to make the problem worse.

The real problem is that having more people has nothing but advantages and no real disadvantages.

That's what needs to change. Population imbalances are never going to totally go away.
    • Up x 5
  18. Simferion

This +1
  19. Horpradga

I agree, for sure. Server transfers will be the death of this game.
    So what are some good ideas to prevent balance problems? Just give tons more score multiplies for being outnumbered? Something else? Cap the total number of vehicles or even infantery that can be deployed in a certain zone?
  20. NightmareP69

We got 25-28% Pop, people gave up on alerts a long time ago on the VS side since we don't have enuf people even for one continent
    *sigh*
    I think I'll just start playing with my NC on woodman again , untill Ceres gets a bit better.