[Vehicle] Give the Saron the ability to charge-up, just like the Phaseshift, Vortex, Spiker and Lancer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Village, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Village

The Saron looks and feels like it should have this ability more than the others, yet it doesn't. The Saron used to be a powerful 1 shot weapon. Allow it to charge up so popping in and out of cover is far more viable with this weapon. At the moment it's only real use is when sneaking up at very close range to enemy vehicles and dumping the mag. The Vulcan got a buff recently, and the Enforcer is already incredibly accurate.

I think VS and the Saron deserves this change.
    • Up x 2
  2. Takara

No thanks.....no please don't destroy the saron any further.

The Charge mechanic is HORRIBLE.....it isn't original and isn't fresh..... It will only ruin what is nice about the Saron.

Well I am confused as to why the NC have the most accurate of the AV weapons it doesn't really matter that much. Just don't ruin the Saron with this crap mechanic.
  3. Dominicinator

I've earned most of my 700 Certs as a Magrider Saron turreter, during my use I've found it too be quite good at what it does now, it's also a great support weapon, awesome for being a backup and defending the Magrider from things like Harrassers. I'm just a Br 17 though, please don't hurt me. :(
  4. DoomFruit

I want the old pre-fire delay single shot Saron back.
    • Up x 1
  5. Juunro

Changing it back to the original Saron would make it a Halbard you don't have to know anything at all to aim with. Making it a charge up weapon would make it a halbard you couldn't hit a damn thing with anywhere.

It's a fine weapon as is. It doesn't need nerfing or buffing.
  6. Village

How would it ruin the saron when the only difference is that you now have the option to charge-up a more powerful shot? The ability to dump the mag would remain unchanged, just as you are able to with all the other charge-up weapons. And no it isn't fresh, but neither are shotguns or gatling guns but they're the faction theme, and the Saron lacks this theme when it should really have it.

If you've spent much time in the Magrider you'll realise this would actually make it quite a bit more powerful, especially for sniping, as popping in and out of cover is a great strength for the Magrider and charging-up a powerful shot for less time exposed is a good thing.
  7. sindz

Was deemed too good, so the NC got it and VS got a crappy clunky charge up mechanic.
    • Up x 1
  8. Takara

Giving a decent weapon another mechanic for no reason would give it MORE than the other two fractions. Which which would turn into a giant cry fest until the other two got something...but far more likely it would result in a NERF that leaves the Saron in the same condition as ZOE. So no....lets not give the Saron anything more. It has the ability to snipe (slowly...very slowly) But it is still plenty effective.

Ultimately lets not try to fix what isn't broken. Sometimes I spawn at a base and end up underground five bases AWAY from where I asked to spawn...then fall to my doom. Lets fix that before we try to solve problems that don't exist. :-/
  9. RaskolBandit

I wish the saron could charge too. No clue why it missed this ability while almost all the other vanu empire-specific weapons got this. It looks like a powerful railgun, but it's a peashooter.
  10. LodeTria

How much damage would the charge up shot do? If you make it too much it's just a better halberd, if it's too weak it's not worth using. It seems like it'd be tough to balance right when the current saron is fine as it is.
  11. ComradeHavoc

It could be balanced in terms that a charged shot has longer range + a damage boost? Or a charged shot is hit-scan? I'm up for versatility as long as it isn't a straight upgrade.
  12. HAXTIME

I only support this idea because right now it is effectively the same in operational principle as the Enforcer: multi-shot (semi) automatic AV with long reload. I'd like to see a charge-up saron if:
    • The non-charged button mashing is effectively the same as the current version
    • The fully charged firing deals slightly less damage than the overall damage of the entire magazine, while still costing the entire magazine.
  13. Xasapis

Saron is actually confirmed for a buff. Just not the buff the OP is rooting for.
  14. ElastaPlast

Any information on that? Saron is a poor now with low damage, large bloom and no splash. A buff is required to allow it as an option to the Halberd.
  15. Flag

Say what?!

I NEED DETAILS!
  16. Duev

17. Flag