Give the Flash and Harasser(?) AA Weaponry

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Scroffel5

Idk if the Harasser has AA, but I know the Flash doesn't. Basilisk is the best you have.

I suggest adding AA for the Flash as a deterrent. Obviously it won't beat a Liberator or Galaxy or Valkyrie. But, it should have the option to try. Plus, nothing else can beat air other than air. What if there was a second option? If the Flash and Harasser have AA, they are fast enough to dodge rounds, maybe. That buys time for a real option to take effect. Or, imagine 7 Flashes or 3 Harassers shooting at Libs. Seems fair to me. Ima get some hate, so lets get it over with.
  2. LodeTria

The harasser already has the Walker and ranger, the later of which is very strong.
    Having AA on a platform that cannot phyiscally look up at aircraft seems a bit daft.
  3. TR5L4Y3R

harrasser has pretty much the same NS AA options all other vehicles have as well as all ES options mbts have ..

i don´t see why the flash should have AA though it´s a light vehicle meant to get behind other targets to quickly take them out .. basicaly a assassination vehicle ... otherwise it´s AA is done by a HA on the second seat .. similar with harraser or valkery rumbleseats ..

only air being capable of beating air is rather the issue of vehicles and infantry still lacking AA with a punch or burstdamage than beeing a deterent ... vehicles could get hornets you have to keep aiming into a aircraft, coyotes and g2a lockons .. other turrets such as the halberd for example could get higher pitch same with engineer manaturrets .. .. infils and medic could also get the rockletrifle as a primary weapon certoption, engineers could get rocketlaunchers and rockletrifles as a ASP option for their primary secondary or toolslot (not all of them) .. ... imagine a TR engineer with a striker ...
  4. Twerllewr

(OFF topic) I was playing anti air I shot down a esf a valk and lib and galaxy those players where mad.

The flash should actually have AA to help but what if it cause lag bugs,issues you name it.
  5. blackboemmel

AP cannons? ;)
    • Up x 1
  6. Scroffel5

Well, it would play the same as a sniper infil, minus the killing. You shoot the Lib, it targets you, tunnel vision activates, it gets blown out of the sky by a tank or something, a tank it would have instantly destroyed if it wasn't focused on a quad. Plus, you should at least have to option open.
  7. TR5L4Y3R

considering what that particular vehicle is about i rather think it´s not a fitting option at all .. especialy if you take the infilsetups into consideration ... in that case IF the flash were to get A aa option it should be a burst option particularly torwards aircraft like coyotestylemissile or pods/hornets ... MAYBE g2a lockons that still can dumbfire for grounddefense ... NOT a ranger or walker ... .... MAYBE a groundvariant of the wyrm ....

there is no real point in having AA as a option just to lure a target torwards your attention merely for someone else to blow it up ..
    a shredder can easily kill the flashdriver ... and both AP lightnings AND AP mbts require 3 shots minimum (probably more, correct me if wrong) to down a lib and you wont have that moment to fire 2 shots much less 3 on the lib unless the pilot is massively braindead ... AND using APcannons against libs (or ESFs) is just as difficult to use like a dalton against an ESF (except the lib can fully rotate at any axis) .. so relying on a antiground heavy armor platform for AA duty while you pack a lackluster AAoption is just totaly out of place for the flash .. ...
  8. Pikachu

Harasser with AA weapons, something like this?
    [IMG]

Regular version for comparison.
    [IMG]

While we're on it, how about new AA weapons for tanks too?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  9. Scroffel5

If they are dumb, they get blown up by a Flash while they are in the air. I am not against giving the Flash missiles or pods, but I know people will be and they will get mad. g2a lockons with dumbfire are viable. A shredder will easily kill the Flash, but so will any automatic weapon on a tank. So will a Dalton. So will probably any weapon you can think of. I still would like the option. Thank you TR5L4Y3R for your opinions.
  10. Exileant

:D It could be a rear mount weapon for your passenger. That way it would be a 360 turret. ;) It would not need to look up per say because thanks to their mobility on front, it is almost nothing to find a hill to look up for you, but I say they should expand its vertical range if they do create one.

:oops: To be honest though, I would not support this one. However. There would be no reason to use a Double Burster Max unless this were weaker some how than one.
  11. TRspy007

The air can stay above the swivel of the turret, it's not hard. Turrets angle of elevation should be increased.
  12. Skraggz

Instead of more dedicated roles (skyguard comes to mind, no one likes it when you have to deal with defended against other ground) how about more well rounded guns. Or a fix to the platforms we already have? Also I'm just curious, how many ppl in the forum fly? And do so often?
  13. Pikachu

Like this. :D
  14. Skraggz

Looks like a wire guided vehicle, I dont oppose, that's a bit of skill base.
  15. InexoraVC

I do. Every evening for 1-2 hours. Started to fly a ~months ago.

And it is obvious for a pilot that Ranger on a harasser is a powerful weapon. Sunderer with a double Rangers is immune to ESFs, as well as Skyguard. Furthermore - the life of a ESF's pilot is hard and cruel: everyone tries 2kill ESF. It costs the same 350 nanites as a Lightning, but dies of one AP shot.
  16. Scroffel5

That'd be cool, but too OP. They'd have to boost nanite cost for you to have 2 guns on your Flash. Plus, Flak still does very little damage to vehicles, right? That still boosts your DPS if both people shoot at a tank, and that is gonna be a harsh feedback.

Yes, yes it should.

Let me tell you all a story about yesterday. I was in a Flash. I was also an Infiltrator. I parked on a hill, sniped a guy, shot another guy, and when they came back to get me, I drove away. I drove up to a VS and TR fight (I am NC), and I waited around for a bit. Fight ended, TR won. VS dude was running away and being chased by a Harrasser, 2 Sunderers, 2 Planetmen, and a Liberator. I was watching the Lib cuz I was trying to make sure I wasn't gonna die to it. It sees me, and I get shot at, and I can't do anything except run. I can try to shoot at it, but it is infront of me, at a higher elevation than me. I drive up to a hill and under a rock, and it loses interest. I go to help the VS guy by shooting the TR guy, and I end up dying. (I moved but it was caused by lag).

I got the jump on a Lib. If I had Flak, I could scared it off, maybe even taken it down. I was in a hilly terrain, so I knew I could get the angle on it, as long as I wasn't on flat.

I can understand why you guys would say that it is stupid to have AA, but at the same time, I don't really care. Besides, you have to remember how small the Flash is. It can get into little grooves and ontop of hills and shoot up at things. Thats what I do all the time. I'm using a Basilisk so its not doing anything to them but alerting them of my presence. I just wish we had the option.
  17. Exileant

;) Eh, I can see where you are coming from, but still I cannot support it. For one there are plenty of weapons that can function as Anti-Air that are built for it. The remedy if you want it, is to have a Heavy Assault sit as your Tombstone. :eek: They have missiles and if they are set up right can bring down a Liberator on their own. They are your turret. o_O A Light Assault on the back can seriously wound a fresh Liberator and kill a damaged one. :confused: An Engineer can also bring down a Liberator in the worst way imaginable... Since that is the choice of your partner, you can still make use of your cloak. Giving you a team that will rival any Harasser team dedicated to A.A.
  18. Pikachu

Ironically in War Thunder people wish these missiles were heat guided instead of user guided, because heat guided missiles can be countered by flares while user guided ones have no counter.
  19. Skraggz

Ah, but we are talking about a game that mimics reality vs a futuristic scifi where the aircraft dont exactly move in a straight line. We already have the engy turrent, just adapt it over to a vehicle and give it a better firing angle like the skyguard.
  20. Pikachu

The missiles shown in video also have proximity fuze, worth to mention. You don't need to hit the aircraft.