GIVE THE BOLT PRO AN ACTUAL FEATURE!!!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by TorigomaSET, Feb 10, 2014.

1. whitupiggu

It doesn't have a niche along side the longshot. It replaces it.
  2. Epicstrat

No, gnome has a point that the longshot allows for silencer and straight pull bolt, there's still a reason to pull a longshot.
    • Up x 1
  3. TorigomaSET

We don't know that Yet. Currently none of the new Sniper rifles allow attachments, we don't know if they simply are not going to implement them, or if they've just done so yet (frankly I don't see why they wound't, at least the higher Res Scopes.)
  4. whitupiggu

It's not finished and can't use ANY attachments on PTS. We have no idea what it can and can't use.
  5. Frosty The Pyro

The VS isnt a charge up bolt action though, it is an unlimited ammo semi auto, that can ocasionly pretend to be a sub par bolt action if the need arises. Needs to be able to hold a full charge though, at least for a few seconds, otherwise i only see the bolt action bit being usefull to knock off repairing engineers, the AFK, pheonix users, and turret engineers. I dont do a lot of sniping, but I am actualy thinking of picking this up, unlimited ammo is a pretty good selling point for me.

The TR one will depend on its bloom/recoil. I have always enjoyed machine gun sniping in other games, only place you realy get that in PS2 was the old laser beam kobolt. So depending on those it could be pretty good, otherwise it will effectivly be a sub par semi-auto that can also fill in the roll of autoscout for close range work. Though the TR Repeater pistol generaly means that TR never felt the short range failing of snipers quite as much as NC or VS.
  6. Epicstrat

Well I will bet my 8000 certs there won't be a silencer. Maybe a quick pull bolt but I'm guessing we'll only be seeing scope attachments for these.
  7. whitupiggu

The longshot and the new ESSR are for long range sniping. There is no reason to put a suppressor on it anyways.
  8. Epicstrat

I'd bother explaining why I always run with silencer at any range, but it's too late to be starting new arguments. Maybe tomorrow.
  9. TorigomaSET

Longshot is the BEST one to have a Silencer on, at any Range.
    • Up x 1
  10. whitupiggu

Considering every primary but shotguns can equip a suppressor it'll surprise me if the new sniper rifle can't.
  11. gnometheft

But that version is the only thing we have to go on. Saying we have no idea what it can and cant use can be applied to any variable of the weapon. For arguments sake, we are forced to use it, at least in this example.
  12. salembeats

The shot travels faster than any other small arms bullet in the game (easier to hit further targets because of less arc, easier to hit moving targets because it takes less time to get there).

It also does more maximum damage than any other small arms bullet in the game.
    Contrary to popular belief, damage actually matters on a "one-shot-headshot" weapon. Here's a shocker for some people: You're not the only person on your team who is shooting at your enemies. With more damage in a bullet, it's more likely that you'll get a one-hit-bodyshot-KO under the very common circumstance that an ally damaged your target recently.

All of this for 1 fewer bullet in a magazine than the norm. Seriously, what do you want? Would you also like it to make your coffee and fold your laundry?

If these empire-specific infiltrator primaries stay the way they are, NC will walk away with arguably the best BASR in the game. I know it's not particularly exciting and creative (like the Vanu gun is), but it's a great gun. The NC overpop on many servers will only get worse, as dedicated snipers migrate to NC. If this was an NS sniper rifle, I'd ditch my TR RAMS .50 for it immediately.
    • Up x 1
  13. TheKhopesh

I say make the Bolt Driver Pro an anti-sniper sniper-rifle.

800 m/s velocity
    900 damage @ 250m
    750 damage @ 300m

4 shots in the mag
    40 shots in reserve (Standard bolt action ammo reserve)
    (44 shots total)

OHK chestshots infils not wearing NW.
  14. gnometheft

Longshot is a beast with Sup. indeed.
  15. salembeats

lol

It'd need to be NS rather than empire-specific to even debate about, and then I'd still argue against the one-shot chest-shot. Def. OP.

One shot sniper kills should reward skill rather than choosing the right faction and spending the right amount of money.

The TRAP doesn't have a "feature" either -- welcome to the club. NC's gun for this update is intended to be a great run-of-the-mill BASR, ours is intended to be a great full-auto scout rifle.
  16. Lothaeryn

Any of those options would be amazing (yet the qq would be endless, we all know that). Took the same Idea as I did, a scout rifle semi-auto mode for a secondary for midrange and possible close range encounters.

Not needing breath though? that would be a dream come true, yet crazily overpowered compared to every other gun in the game.
  17. TheKhopesh

I'd actually go for having it be a no-breath at the cost of one less round than what it has now (current stats, 3 shots per reload).
  18. TheKhopesh

If you know what rifle your enemy has, throw on NW.
    Chest shots would then be reduced to 2 hit kills like the rest of the snipers.

Even NW 1 would drop it to a 2 hit chest.
    Can you not afford the 1 cert or something?
  19. salembeats

There should never be a rilfe that's so OP that you'd easily "know which rifle your enemy has" before choosing your loadout.

I have everything for infiltrator maxed, but I don't run nanoweave 24/7 (and shouldn't have to). For "bush-wookie" type loadouts, it's often a good idea to choose the ammo belt, for example.
  20. TheKhopesh

You misunderstand.
    I don't mean "It's the only gun he'll be using", I mean "Figure out what gun he has and use that knowledge to your advantage".

If you get killed, leg-shot (You would survive any shot below the belt), or recognize the new NC sniper's very unique -and quite beautiful, IMO- tracer from a missed shot, when you go to hunt the guy down -switch to the armor that would be best against them.

The same goes for any situation.

Someone is using lots of prox mines or grenades?
    Flak.

Someone holding a choke point with the high ground?
    Grenades and CQC weapon.

Someone firing at long ranges?
    infil and/or range weapon.

It's all about choosing what will provide the best advantage.

Likewise, someone using a super-slow ranged sniper?
    Countersnipe or cloak and get up close with an SMG.

If an NC were using a weapon that could chestshot OHK non-NW infils, throw on NW and draw the fire.

If he misses, you've got time to shoot 2 bolt action shots before he can fire again (I't got crazy long bolt time).
    If he hits center-mass (As he's expecting it to kill), again, you have time to get off two shots to his one.
    Snipe him.

If it has a counter, it's not overpowered.
    My suggestion has a counter.

++++Edit++++
    As an alternative to NW, you could run the nano-armor cloak in order to provide safety when moving in with an SMG or even just one of the semi-auto 1x-4x sniper rifles.