GIVE THE BOLT PRO AN ACTUAL FEATURE!!!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by TorigomaSET, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Wobberjockey

… a bullet speed of 850 is nothing to sneeze at. just saying
    • Up x 1
  2. TorigomaSET

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If the Bolt Pro's effective range was 450-550m, Yes it would be great. But under 300m where your going to actually be getting kills? the difference between 650 and 850 is a blink of the eye.
    • Up x 1
  3. gnometheft

No it's not. It has more damage, more range, almost no bullet drop and crazy high velocity. It offers an additional role only an NC sniper can fill, being more effective at range while sniping, while still giving the longshot an advantage with the straight pull bolt, and sup. option. It's a side grade, that is definitely different than the regular BASR's.

I don't want different functionality, The TR didn't get "different functionality" not all of "the people" want different functionality, that's a VS only trait with their ESSR.

This is a real railgun, exactly what a high damage, slow firing faction weapon should be.
  4. gnometheft

You are severely underestimating the advantages of velocity. It has almost no drop, is basically instant, less compensation for drop is AMAZING for a sniper regardless of range.
  5. DevDevBooday

The veolocity of your starter bolt action is 550, the Longshot is 650. Thats only a difference of 100 and you notice that. This monster is 850. Thats a 300 mps difference. This thing is going to be almost instaneous. Running targets are going to be easy. I wouldnt complain too much. Its a massive difference. TR practically get another semi- auto that can fire faster (and we all know how useful THEY are)
  6. Pikachu

Supposed to be a rail gun yet doesn't pierce enemies. -.-
  7. Epicstrat

Ok gnome, I'm sorry but I think you overestimate the value of velocity. The real important thing with sniper rifles is learning the lead and bullet drop you have to account for, once you do that you can consistently hit moving targets no matter the rifle. Currently I use a silences Bolt Driver, and hitting moving targets at 200m is still easy. I picked up on the lead pretty quickly and repeat it every time for kills. Not to mention that on stationary targets lead doesn't matter.

The place where high velocity helps most is for new players who will be able to learn the lead more quickly, but judging by the price point that's not the focus of this rifle.

The one thing I will give the new rifle is that it removes some of the luck from long range sniping. My enemy now has less time to move between when I pull the trigger and when the bullet hits him in the skull. This, however, usually isn't a problem since I tend to pick targets that are either stationary or running in a linear path. But to be honest, the Longshot already did this well, and with straight pull bolt (I am in love btw) I can down more targets in less time than the railgun.

Maybe if the bullet velocity is so high that I can hit medics through their ADAD spam I would enjoy velocity as a feature, but then I would have to be like 1000ms or something crazy high. I'm gonna araxium the gun anyways, I was at least hoping for something that wouldn't be just another standard bolt action and maybe something with a new mehanic (not shotgun, shotgun was dreadful). People have suggested bullet penetration, that's cool I guess. Personally, I want an alternate shot that fires an explosive HE round dealing non-lethal AOE damage to infantry (850 or so) with a single shot per clip (magazine? cartridge?) and a reload of at least 3 seconds.

I'll chat on mumble later, but I felt like typing something for everyone to see.
    • Up x 2
  8. Frosty The Pyro

What he is talking about is the idea that once you hit good enouph, even more doesnt necisarily help. as an example how much better is 500 fps compared to 120 fps. not very, likely not at all. with the longshot you dont realy acount for drop as it is, you rarely need to lead any signifigant amount.

I obviously cant say if the bolt pros extra velocity is a legitimate bonus over the longshots, I have not used it, and its doubtfull if I will ever get on the test server. It may be a boon, but it may be at the point were in reference to targets within infantry render range, its beyond good enouph, whichis no better than good enouph.

As a side note, i posted this in a different thread.

• Up x 1
  9. Reavx

Jeezus the rage is pathetic, try be constructive at least.

A Railgun is a weapon that shoots very high velocity rounds.
    This is what it does.

No shot gun bullcrap.
    No special ammo that blows up tanks.
    Seriously.

Its a sniper rifle and most of your ideas are simple begging for somerhing op.

As for rechamber time, who cares, if you miss you deserve to lose anyway.

I like tha Railgun. Will be getting it.
    • Up x 1
  10. DevDevBooday

I wouldnt say the Trap has any legitimate bonus over even the basic semi-auto.
    NC is literally getting the best rifle, its feature being stupidly good velocity.
    TR gets a fully auto version of the semi-auto (with weaker bullets to compensate) WOW WHAT FEATURE!
    VS get a charge up version of the bolt-action (which is an actual downgrade to many over even the basic bolt action) WOW SO SUCK!

The only people with a sympathetic ear are your own empire. Most of VS and TR are looking over your shoulder jealously at your shiny new toy.

The only real problem people have with sniping is the difficulty of hitting a moving target at range. You could say the feature of the Precision Pro is the elimination of that problem.

i tried it in TS and it hits before you can blink. And unlike the Longshot you dont need to compensate for bullet drop AT ALL at the maximum OHK range.
    The Precision Pro is sniping on easy mode.
  11. DeadliestMoon

I'd join in on the discussion but im afraid i don't have an internet connection at the moment.
  12. Reavx

Well said mr tr.
    ;)
  13. Torok

sweet 850 m/s :>
    also damage up to 750 from 700, does it hits the hardest?
    What's the shade fully charged shot damage?
  14. DevDevBooday

I play NC in my spare time. Precision Pro is THE sniper option as it is. Already saved up my certs for it.
    • Up x 1
  15. Reavx

Its hardest. ;)
  16. Wobberjockey

As a primarily VS player, i think that over penetration is an interesting and unique trait. it fits the NC mantra of 'BIGGER GUN'. and more importantly it can be balanced by terrain and a distance limit (say 3 people or X meters)

it's better than most of the other ideas i've seen thrown around.
  17. Reavx

The only thing it should get is double damage to max, 3 headshot.
    Nothing else.
    Then it has its niche.
  18. Jaedrik

I think not having to lead targets at any range is glorious. . . You can't do that with any of the weapons in the game right now. It's a niche, even if an irrelevant niche. I would suggest an upper chest 1shot modifier within 150 or so meters, but then people would call it OP ;)
    There's really nowhere else to go from here.
    • Up x 1
  19. gnometheft

All I'm saying is this rifle has a place, and a niche along side the long shot. It provides an advantage of crazy high velocity and minor damage increase in exchange for the disadvantage of straight pull bolt and no sup. option. It also fllls the NC trait without creating a hard to baalnce shotgun.
  20. Epicstrat

Maybe I've played this class too long but I'm at the point where I don't see either of those things as advantages. I'd rather have a scilenced weapon than one with high velocity and I'd rather have one with a quick rechamber time than one with extra damage since only headshots OHK anyways. I'm thinking Bolt Driver with straight pull bolt and suppressor is going to be my baby after this update. After I araxium all the new weapons that is. Maybe I'll change my mind when I get to try the rifle.

Anyway, I'm not saying it's going to be any worse than either of the other new rifles, in fact stats will probably show it to be the best of the three. I just feel like it will be the least fun to use, and I'm at a point in the game where I'd rather goof around and have fun with a bad gun than do extraordinarily well with a good gun.