GIVE MAXES SOME GADGETS.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by No0T, May 20, 2017.

1. No0T

GIVE MAXES SOME GADGETS.
  2. LegendarySalmonSnake

Just allow maxes to equip their "melee weapon" and start throwing haymakers around. Same speed as a wielded power knife but with the normal max punches sweeping pattern and damage. Might finally attempt max auraxium :p
  3. MonnyMoony

Shoulder mounted secondary weapon would be a good addition IMO. It would especially benefit AA maxes and would allow them to at least hold their own against small numbers of infantry whilst still maintaining primary AA role. Something like a slight less accurate shoulder mounted Emissary would probably be ideal.

I also feel that Maxes should have a composite armour option. Most stuff that can hurt a max can equip weapons that deal both direct and flak damage (especially aircraft - e.g. noseguns and lolpods - or even worse the Mustang AH which deals both types of damage on its own). It seems silly that such a heavy unit has to choose between one type of damage reduction or another (Flashes, Harassers, Valks, Libs and ESFs can all equip composite armour)
  4. LaughingDead

Possibly the only not thread I will actually take seriously.

Max in it's current form trades all utility of any of the classes, speed and logistical and transportation ability for extra HP with the downside of a larger hitbox.

DPS wise, most max weapons are actually not higher than LMGs that heavies use when combined, giving this class utility than just a tank designation (which is not true since more or less classic tanks in team games don't have a counter available to nearly every single class. Yes, I'm talking about C4.

Beyond that, the max is rather a stale class, giving it more tools might actually make max fun, because so far it's everyone tossing a box of chocolates towards you or rocket launchers. It gets old rather quickly.
  5. Liewec123

i want a small shoulder-mounted spitfire! :D
    [IMG]
    c4 this!!!!
  6. Pikachu

Shoulder mounted flamethrower and circle saws for melee weapons.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  7. DeadlyOmen

Unfortunately, Maxes have been the subject of so many scared-shatless-of-maxes-PLEASE NERF! movements that we will never experience a truly monstrous Max.

Man, I used to love the feeling of a ZEALOT appearing out of no-where, maxes sprinting into a room, fear, loathing, C4 detonating and decimators firing- mass chaos in an epic future battle. Glory, that only the brave and the dead know.

There is no place for maxes in Candyland.
  8. Pat22

Not as cool as shoulder-mounted weapons and melee weapons and stuff but I always thought it would be nice for MAXes to have chest-mounted 'headlights' that also act as darklight flashlights. Illuminating the way for friendly forces as it advances.

Then again I also think it would be cool to have a really dark continent with more emphasis on flashlights and vehicles lights and having powerful lights mounted on tanks and aircraft so maybe it's just me.
    • Up x 1
  9. Eternaloptimist

I wouldn't call shoulder mounted, additional weapons and melee weapons gadgets myself. Now, shoulder mounted smoke launchers, an EMP field generator, helmet mounted searchlight (dark light maybe), - that style of thing perhaps?......................

I'd have thought Maxes needed a bit more in the defensive capabilities department than just being made more shooty/hurty since they lost immunity from tank mines, AM rifles and the ability to run away quickly.
    • Up x 3
  10. Pikachu

I don't think of rocket launcher or rocket rifle as gadget/tool either. :/ Gadget/tool = not weapon.
    • Up x 1
  11. Zagareth

Just make flying BFR variants :D
  12. Sil4ntChaozz

You guys have good taste.
  13. CaptCran

I would like a shoulder mounted 1000m radar for JUST air and ground vehicles. Radar for infantry is just plain dumb

;)
  14. MonnyMoony

Max charge was the best defensive capability.

I used it almost exclusively to dodge flash and harasser roadkill cheese and C4 fairies.

Quite why the devs saw fit to remove it i'll never know - it was hardly OP. Even if you did use it offensively - Maxes are extremely squishy in a room full of HAs.
    • Up x 1
  15. MonnyMoony

Aside from a shoulder mounted secondary weapon or grenade option - my immediate wishlist for Max would be:

1. Composite armour
    2. A new AA option - something with less or no burst - but rapid firing and accurate (and which can damage infantry and vehicles - like the skyguard can)
    3. Fix roadkill cheese by making Flashes and Harassers take significant damage on impact (a Flash should IMO die if rammed at speed)
  16. DIGGSAN0

Give the Max the Ability to transform themselves into a Empire Specific Vehicle with keeping one out of Two Max Weapons as a Turet mounted on it.
  17. FateJH

For what it's worth, Bursters can damage Infantry.

The NS Gorgons also exist and they do some damage to everything.
  18. MonnyMoony

Well yes - but have you ever tried hitting one at anything other than point blank range.

The damage caused is also extremely low - certainly not high enough to allow an kind of effective defence against C4 sky fairies.
  19. AllRoundGoodGuy

This is what we really need:
    [IMG]
  20. Chubzdoomer

How about MAXs get abilities that are actually worth something? Because let's face it, the current ones are a complete and utter joke.