[Suggestion] Give Max-Shield to all factions!

Discussion in 'MAX' started by SimplyNik, Jan 8, 2017.

1. SimplyNik

Hey Guys! I just came up with an cool idea and I want to share it with you.
    First I want to mention, that my english isn't perfect ;)
    So now to my idea:
    I think that Maxes should be used for pushing forward but the only useful ability for doeing so would be the NC Max-Shield. So I think that VS and TR should also get a shield for their Maxes.
    (Each faction should have the shield an a ES ability)
    NC should get (beside the shield) a new ability. It should work the same way as the Vanguard shield. So it should make the Max completely resistant to any kind of damage. The ability should last stock for 3 sec. and fully upgraded for 6 sec. The trade-off would be that the Max looses 40% of his movement speed when using the ability (so infantry troops have time to escape when they see the Max coming).
    What do you think about my idea ?
    Have a nice day !

SimplyNik
    • Up x 1
  2. LaughingDead

Why should ranged maxes have shields? I mean the whole point of removing charge was to prevent easy aggression or easy escapes, shield with range would take it two steps back. We just need healing to not be garbage.
  3. I_can't_find_a_name

There's a little more to it when it comes to the aegis shield. The trade off I that it costs the NC max a lot of his speed and you can't shoot or reload while it is deployed. It really isn't as useful as the firepower and magazine sizes of the other two factions' max. It sorta says "Hey, come c4 me now because I shot for 2 seconds and I'll be reloading and hiding helplessly behind this shield for the next 4 seconds!"
    Unlike a Vanguard shield you'd really have to not allow the use of weapons while shielded. I couldn't imagine the TR or VS max's firepower while also enjoying 3-6 seconds of indestructibility with a shield. Moving slowly with a shield without the ability to fire and you might find yourself surrounded by tank mines or c4 by the time your shield shuts off.
  4. Shocky

sarcasm :why don't we just get rid of all the faction diversity while your at nothing but NS everywhere.
    maxes do need some love but i dont think this would be it. something new or something else other then removing a factions identity for its max. maybe more utility for a max like a mobile Grenadian case or supper rep/heal guns that dont work on maxes or something idk, maybe the ability not to be run-over so easily [by friendly's] that would help

more mockery /sarcasm: pshh maxes give heavies an op shield instead [oh wait....]
  5. BrbImAFK

No, don't give all MAX's the Aegis Shield. I like it (sometimes) on my NC MAX, but that's it. I still think VS MAX's should get their jump-jets back and, frankly, ZOE (or some version of it) it far more appropriate for TR than for VS!
  6. PYROxSYCO

Maybe a NS shield that replaces a gun. Make it unique to a fault..
    It has to be "repaired" at a terminal? or ammo pack (no logic)?
  7. BrbImAFK

Way back in the mists of time, there was a concept to provide MAX's with an energy shield on one arm and a proper melee weapon (none of this MAX punch BS) in the other hand. It looked awesome. Too bad it'll probably never happen.
  8. cobaltlightning

3:30 is one way that one could use the NC's Aegis Shield.