[Suggestion] Give LA battle rifle's

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by TomDRV, Sep 3, 2013.

1. TomDRV

Need I say more?
    • Up x 2
  2. Kronic

*cough*Assault Rifles*cough*
    • Up x 1
  3. SirIBON

A Battle Rifle, why not, but why?

*paddywhack Kronic*
    or LMG because it is also light :)
  4. Sandpants

Rocket launcher.

And make it boost your jetpack when you fire at your feet.
    • Up x 1
  5. Staticsilver

At least an LA could make the poor battle rifle useful by becoming like a climbing CQC sniper but infs would rage so no
  6. Posse

If I could have the Orion or the SVA on a Light Assault I'd probably drown Waterson in TR and NC tears, I can only begin to think of the possibilities I'd have (poor snipers btw)

Seriously, if LAs could use LMGs I'd stop playing HA probably.
  7. Kronic

I like the way you think. Lets go a step further. LA with strikers..... and new jets that let you fly like an ESF. /Boss

You can only say that as a VS player really. TR LMGs are no where near as good as the VS counterparts D:. But then again TR have the best Carbines.
  8. Iridar51

I kinda grew into CARV. Sure it has limited effective range, but within that range it's very effective.

On the topic, before we ask for Battle Rifles, Battle Rifles themselves need fixing.

To be a long-range weapon Battle Rifles want to be, they need a large boost to projectile velocity (from 500 to 650) and damage drop off range. Currently, it starts at 8m, which is ******** for a weapon with such long barrel. Max damage drop off range should start at 20-25m, and Min damage range should also be pushed backs. Bullet damage values are fine.
  9. TomDRV

Well:

Infil's long-range snipers

LA's mid-range designated marksman, sacrifices range for height ^^
  10. MarlboroMan-E

Man, the medics and engies of the world would cry holy hell on the forums if they gave us BRs. I love my LA, and I love the AMR-66, but it is stupid hard to use. If I could get up in to some of those spots that only the LA can get to but is out of carbine range ... woooo buddy. Look out. Sounds fun.
  11. Staticsilver

Yess YESS YESSSSSSSSSSSS MUHAHAHHAHAH let us rain death upon our enemies hhehehHHEHEHEHe
  12. WV17

Two words... both starting with S.... Slug Shotgun.

Rule #2.... Double tap.
    • Up x 2
  13. Iridar51

By rain death you mean spit chewed paper balls at them, don't you? Because that's pretty much all the BR is capable of.
    • Up x 4
  14. Rogueghost

Used it for a good half hour on my HA, fully certed as well, managed to maintain decent streaks, but that was only by killing the unaware and the unlucky, which every other weapon in the game is also good at.
  15. Staticsilver

If you where an LA with a BR and got into the right spot you could lay down the pain on the medics and engies
    • Up x 1
  16. Zerran

Sadly this is pretty much spot on. The BRs are pretty atrocious. In all honestly even if LAs got the BRs, I'd still just grab one of the longer range carbines for that role. They aren't too much worse at range, but unlike BRs they can actually be effective in close-mid range and against aware opponents.

In most shooters the semi autos are my favorite weapons, but pretty much every semi auto in PS2 is terribly outclassed by the full autos.

Honestly you can do this much more effectively using one of the longer range carbines already, or even the UBGL. The BRs CoF bloom and recoil mean you have to fire far too slowly to really lay down any kind of hurt unless your opponent is standing still AFK or just terrible.
  17. cKerensky

Give me your battlerifles then. I'll horde them.
    It's not the gun, it's the player. Battlerifles are decent, especially when you need to provide mid to long range fire support for a squad that has no infiltrators. It got a serious buff since it was released.

With that aside, I play Vanu, so...no bullet drop for the win.
    • Up x 1
  18. Ghostloadout

Noted. (Reserved for hyperlink goodness.)
    • Up x 1
  19. Staticsilver

See your point about the carbines, i just really like semi auto weapons :(
  20. Erendil

Battle Rifles certainly are fun weapons. But I'm not sure how much utility would be gained by LAs by letting them use one.

Long Range carbines can kill faster at short & medium range and are more accurate at long range. Most of them even have a semi-auto firing mode as well so they can mimic the BR experience. If I use a Pulsar C or AC-X11 I can already do just about everything that I could w/ a Wardem or Eidolon. And I'm not gimped up close while doing so.

BRs as they stand wouldn't amount to much more than a quirky sidegrade for a LA.

Agreed. BRs need some more love if they're to be truly competitive on the battlefield.

I don't mind the current muzzle velocity. I'd rather they tighten the ADS CoF to .03 or even 0, and increase its damage output since IMO it's TTK is still too slow. But since you don't want a bullet damage increase how would you feel about a RoF increase? Say from 333 RPM to somewhere in the 375-400 range?