[Suggestion] Give iron sights a role in the game.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by qiray12, Apr 2, 2015.

1. qiray12

Make emps turn of your holographic dot on your sights and scopes, making iron sights a viable option to keep on your weapons.

Getting a sight has no downside (wich is most likely the only thing that has no downside in this game) maybe make emps just turn off your sights :p
  2. MarkAntony

well they already screw with all the other overlays in the game so it shouldn't be hard to do.

but you might wanna hold off on further buffs for the EMP. it is in a really good place right now and further buffs may cause massive nerfs in the future.
    • Up x 1
  3. qiray12

Well i just want something to make iron sights something that is still viable compared to purchaseable sights.
    Maybe concs or flash grenade or even smoke grenade may turn this off.

Reason i said for emp is couse it already removes the crosshair for maxes why not for other infantry.

This is just a suggestion but try to come up with some ideas to make iron sights something again.
  4. Aevery

I like the idea of it. I don't like the idea of the massive amount of QQ that would happen if they did it though.
  5. Iridar51

EMP already impairs vision. Disabling reflex sights wouldn't change anything. Things would be hard to see through iron sights anyway. It basically would be one of those 0.00001% changes that don't really change anything.
  6. MisterSlim

I think iron sights are in the place they need to be now. I don't feel that iron sights need to be buffed, as in the real world, they have a similar role as they do in-game. I know lots of guys at the range that use flip-up iron sights on their rifles, only for use in the instance that their optics fail. I also know lots of guys (including myself) that don't run iron sights on my firearms at all.

Of course you'll have those that swear by them, both in the real world and in-game, but it's quite a minority. For example, I have a friend in GOTR that runs his Ghost exclusively with iron sights, and is effective with it.

In terms of real-world relation, I think I'd be indifferent in regards to this EMP 'buff', as not all optics would be affected by this. As a matter of fact, a lot of optics rely on tritium or fiber optics, meaning that an EMP blast would have no affect. I don't think it'd be too game-breaking, but I think it would result in a lot more people just complaining about it, rather than swapping to iron sights.

Just my two cents
    -Stay Fr0sty