[Suggestion] Give infiltrators something to fill the role of Sapper

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Asterx2, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Asterx2

Huh, you don't say. For some reason I always thought of a sapper as a sort of saboteur or something of the like. Learn something new everyday, thanks for clearing that up.

I still want a way to deal with maxes and armor though.
  2. Shaggath

There is a huge difference between ps1 and ps2 here you can do all so we don't need a career all in one who can manage all situation you have console and sundy for that and it's largely enough.
    I don't wan to see nerf i don't want to see extra buff just fix bug and lattice.
    I play all class when i need them.
    You want to deal with max take an assault or a light.
    Infi with explosive seriously where is the difficult if you can destroy armor with infi and what the purpose after to take a xam or tank if the first player who unlock c4 come and destroy you ?
  3. Caydn

What I do as infil is lay 2 proxies mines for maxs then shoot at them . have them chase me onto the mines.

Hide from armour or hax a console and change class
  4. Shiaari

Ok, I can't say how many times I've led a squad into a fight doing the following:
    1. Hack vehicle terminal
    2. Pull Sundy
    3. PROFIT!
    And dealing with the occupied turret bug is as simple as hacking from a different direction. If you want to really make someone's head spin, hack a turret from atop the awning on a tech plant's gun deck. If you inch your way down you can just make it. Then, they get ejected and have NO IDEA from where you're shooting. You can add some insult to injury by placing a mine right where they will be ejected before you hack.
  5. Quinnocent

We already have sappers. They're called engineers. They have C4, Tank Mines, Utility Belt [name?], and AV turrets. It's clear that they were intended to fill that niche for players who want to play it.

The problem with snipers isn't that sniping is useless. It's that you need to be a /very/ good sniper to be have high strategic worth if the battle has devolved into a meatgrinder. But that's not all infiltrators can do, and that's not every battle.

To start with, snipers are useless until they're not. If what you really need is bodies moving toward a point in a base, and especially HA's to counter MAX's, snipers can be dead weight. But in certain bases with a lot of open field combat, or if the enemy has got an AV firing line locking down your air or armor, suddenly a good sniper can be your best friend.

They have pretty decent automatic weapons too. You melt in a second or less of focused fire from even one person in Planetside 2. If you're caught in the wrong place, even HA shield won't help you. HA shields only really shine during even bullet trades. Not always, but in many situations, who wins and who dies is really down to initiative and superior maneuvering. So if you leverage your cloak well, it can be a decisive edge. You won't stay hidden forever, but in the right hands, you can certainly perform as well as a heavy assault in certain tasks during a base fight. So even if you're not Godly McQuickscope, you've still got options in CQB.

And knowing enemy location can be incredibly important. Smart players watch their minimap, and throwing around a few lvl 6 darts can make a huge difference during base fights. It's not only location. It also gives people an accurate idea of numbers. If a point or sundy is truly undefended, suddenly your HA's know, and they can push hard on it.

I'm not saying infiltrators don't have their moments when you're better off switching classes, especially if you have too many infs and not enough HA's/support classes. Just saying that they definitely have their uses in all types of battles, in correct proportions, provided you're flexible with /what/ you do as an inf.
  6. MuNrOe

Or give them the ability to hack enemy vech like they had in ps1. Make it so when they do this they are partially visible and susceptible to spitfire turrets. Get into base hack deployed ams or tank and win.......

Or the ability to put viruses on bases that (prevent tech , disable all enemy radar ) you could go all the way and make it so an infil is the only class that can hack a point in a base too.

The ideas here are endless it's been done before in the original game. If only people listened........l
  7. TheKhopesh

The cloak itself should be upgraded IMO.

100% invis while in deepcloak (flashlights and detection being a direct counter) should they corner you.
    very strong cloak while crouch walking (same cloak level as current deep cloak).
    And current stand cloak should be the cloak level while sprinting.

This would make them far more viable for flanking and stalker work, but without making them too powerful.
    As well, cloakers should be able to hack their way into vehicle weapons (mbt top guns, sundy guns, etc. Pretty much any gun that isn't attached to the driver position).

This would allow stealthy cloakers to force enemy armor to either turn on each other, or evade while they get a cloaker out there to hack the infil out of the vehicle (whom is being driven around by an enemy, so it won't be too long before he gets to an area where they can hack the seat back).
    Again, you'd have to be blind to not notice the infil decloak practically on top of you, and then sit there for the 2-3 seconds that the hack took to accomplish.
    And all the while the infil would have to be decloaked, so if he does get into a vehicle gun, the vehicle's team was doing something very very wrong, and deserves the difficulty that would befall them.