Give classes more weapon types

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FIN Faravid, May 10, 2015.

1. FIN Faravid

Where do people die the most? In front lines. Where do carbines excel? In front lines. So give medics access to carbines.
    I get it that LMGs are good weapons to be in front lines with since they have so much ammo in mags, but i still think heavies should get access to carbines and assault rifles too. Sure it is most played class, but since it basically is grunt class i think that is fine. Why does every class need to be just as played? Why not just let people choose to play as what they want to. I get it that giving light assaults sniper rifles would make them unbalanced as hell, but giving heavy ARs and carbines would not change how the class is played as, and remember that equipping short range carbine makes them worse at long range=balance. At least i see no reason why engineer is supposed to win heavies at CQ due to their weaponry, engineers are supposed to be support class, yet they somehow have access to bet CQ weapons! But it makes sense to give carbines to engineers, it kind of makes sense since you can argue carrying long rifle around while repairing vehicles or driving them is awful idea.
    If heavy does not get access to carbines and assault rifles, why not at least give carbines to medic? It suits their role really damn well, in CQ you can`t heal your buddies by staying behind the lines.

Not major issue tough, assault rifles are not bad in CQ, i just would enjoy using Lynx more than Cycler TRV or any LMG in CQ. And i really can`t see how it would make either of those 2 classes unbalanced.
  2. Lucidius134

Giving HA's AR/Carbines would change how they are played tho.

dat HA w/ 845rpm/.75x ADS mod
    • Up x 1
  3. 7 Drunk Midgets

Might as well give infiltrators shotguns. It would change how infiltrator is played just as if the heavy got assault rifles and carbines. You want CQC? There's plenty of LMGs that fit the bill.
  4. Shadowomega

As someone who played in Beta during the time Infils had shotguns heck no. When SMGs where introduced the forum rage was nearly as bad as then.
  5. eldarfalcongravtank

no. giving everyone access to everything is pretty much the worst they could do. it's already bad enough too many classes have access to motion spotter crossbow and c4/explosives

besides, why would you wanna use carbines as medic? assault rifles are pretty much superior to them, especially the godlike 845rpm 40round TRV. i would love to have such a weapon on my VS, seriously
    • Up x 1
  6. 7 Drunk Midgets

I know, I was being sarcastic. Could you imagine infiltrators running around with PAs instagibbing everyone in sight? I shudder.
  7. Shadowomega

Well back then Semi-Autos and the were nearly on par with the PA in terms of damage, but their spread was larger. Now spread is slightly tighter, (Still the same CoF for center of the spread), and their damage is lower, as well as quick damage drop off.
  8. 00000000000000000000

Complains about Medic & HA weapon selection.
    Thinks engineers are better in close quarters than heavies.
    Are we even playing the same game?

(Btw I'm totally cool with increasing weapon selection. Heavies can get ARs and Carbines. Medics can get Carbines. But I also want ARs on my Engineer. and ARs and Battle Rifles on my LA.)
  9. Pfundi

Okay lets think about the suggestion (Im NC Main)
    HA at this point:
    - Orion/MSW-R or Carv/EM6 or Anchor. Those are the LMGs with the best DPS. They kill fast enough at all ranges and got 50 shot magazines.
    -Cyclone, has high DPS, fast TTK, but unusable at range (even little out of CQ) and a very small magazine.
    HA after your change
    -using a GD-7F. 30 Round at 845/143, Godmode hipfire, still usable at medium range and Overshield.
  10. Liewec123

i think every class already has a wide enough array that any playstyle is covered.