[Suggestion] Give all NC Max AI weapons full auto.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Serialkillerwhale, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Serialkillerwhale

I'm not talking about a raised RoF here, I mean "You don't have to mash M1 and M2 to use anything other than the Hacksaw".

Cuz c'mon, who likes doing that?
  2. cobaltlightning

I may be possible on board for this idea, but it'd be a coding problem as well as trial and error.

At best, like say for the default NC MAX AI shotgun, the Scattercannon, it would fire as fast as one person could fire it at full auto, if that makes sense. Lock the full auto ROF at 180 and add in a bit of extra bloom to compensate for it.
  3. Serialkillerwhale

That's more or less the point, simply switching the Mattock, Grinder, and Scattercannon from Semi-auto to Full auto.
    Not too sure about the bloom though, I think you mean pellet spread, which is rather "Standardized" so far.

Mattock: 2.5
    Scattercannon: 3
    Grinder: 3.5
    Hacksaw: 4

To be honest, while yes this would be a buff to some NC maxes, it's by and large a QOL upgrade. Things that honestly, should be the case already.
  4. RedArmy

once the NS max HMG evntually comes out it will solve this problem
  5. BITES

And create many more.

Trigger discipline is a key practice in NC MAX usage, adding full auto would not add any value.
    • Up x 1
  6. Turiel =RL=

The problem is a mechanical one. If you have to steer the thing with one hand and aim and keep spamming buttons with the other, it's like playing a Piano. Even though it is not complicated, you have to do three things at once. Full-auto cuts it down to two actions and that at least feels more doable. Besides that, spamming the mouse buttons to shoot interferes with your aiming. It is not that much of a factor with shotguns, but it's annoying nevertheless.