Give a role to Galaxy

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elkikko92, Jul 27, 2019.

1. elkikko92

Please, give a role to galaxy veichles.
    There aren't air battles, only sunderers and redeploy
    • Up x 1
  2. Liewec123

• Up x 3
  3. VeryCoolMiller

just let galaxies orbit and act as a sunderer to deploy troops
  4. Pikachu

I rarely use galaxy and have only done one crush kill but it was a harasser back when they were at their peak. It felt so good. :D
  5. Pikachu

Btw allow galaxies to carry flashes.
  6. Crayv

I heard back in the beta that Galaxies could be used like Sundies but they made actual Sundies outright obsolete.

I think it could be implemented but would have to have some serious restrictions like a max safe drop/deploy height and un-deploying (being able to do more than just gently hover) taking a long time so you can't just fly to safety the moment you are attacked.
  7. Demigan

I would make Galaxies deployable mini-bases.

They cant deploy close to a base so Sundies remain useful. But they can deploy farther away. There infantry can spawn at them and they can spawn vehicles from the Galaxy as well (perhaps only when Cortium is harvested and placed inside). I would only allow NS vehicles, no MBT's.
  8. iller

I had a cool idea for the Galaxy but forgot what it was...

...It wasn't he mobile Class terminal thing.

OH, Now I remember.... it was to add a Locked Hover mode giving it high resistance to long-distance Flak and ESF / TankBuster nose Guns while allowing its pilot to switch around between top & side guns so that just 1 player could keep it up as a spawn point and focus on using their Walkers to fend off long range Needler/Sniping ESFs while surviving much longer against Ranger top guns. (the Locust/Kestrel & other noseguns with no drop off would still get a bonus against them)

Disclaimer: Using this mode in an Air Anomaly would remove all passengers from counting towards the Scoring
  9. iller

Compared to a Router, they already have a major restriction there which is literally your Terminal Falling Velocity and how long it takes to reach sea level from the Sky Ceiling

VERY much in Agreement here! I'm thinking at least 5 seconds because that's how long it takes to for a Hornet ESF to get a second salvo on you from long range