Giant white "M" appears on screen repeadly.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ravenwolf Foxtrack, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

While I was logged in with my NC character, I noticed a giant "M" kept appearing over and over again on the screen. After looking for any possible causes (possible hackers, patterns when something happens, ect.) I noticed that every time someone left or joined the platoon and/or squad and even when the platoon was disbanded, the M would appear on screen, sometimes over lapped with its self or just one M. I also noticed that the letter "h" was white in each notification message. Also the notification was low mid screen while the giant M was covering the mid right side of the screen. I left the squad and logged off and decided to report it here. I'm not sure if it could be something with the game its self or it was related to that one squad I was in. I'm also thinking it may have to do with notifications in general as it came up when I accidentally shot fellow squad mates and received the notification. Time of incident was between 9:30 PM PST and 10:05 PM PST, Jan 15th, 2014 on Conner server. Character name is Foxtrack.
  2. ZeroErrorz

yea it happen to me as well, sometime some random letter from the menu screen didnt load up well and cause this
  3. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

How odd.

Well, I re-logged after doing a verify check and there wasn't any other issues and it wasn't popping up again.
  4. SpaceKing

You're in that Fritz Lang film, and you've been marked.
  5. starlinvf

As weird as this might sound, it might be your video card drivers messing up text handling. Usually it'll act up in Windows menus or Icon fonts first, but still happens.

I would start by doing a scan game file through the launch pad (look for the engineer wrench icon on the lower left part of the launcher) and see if does any repairs.

If it doesn't find any problems, then uninstall and reinstall your video card drivers.
  6. Tommyp2006

It's a bug that happens sometimes, it happens to me about once a week, and has been happening since PU02. Just restart the game to fix it.
    • Up x 1
  7. Strikejk

You just discovered subliminal advertising for mac donalds.
    • Up x 2
  8. DrumsMcaw

Maybe your computers just haunted..
  9. Brayton

I want a picture.
  10. Pirbi

Alt-Enter to exit full screen and then alt-enter again seems to fix it.