Ghost Capping Still a Huge Problem

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CptFirelord, Nov 27, 2013.

1. CptFirelord

Seriously, this is getting old. People just rolling around in the morning on Esamir or Amerish with a squad of chummy chums rolling every base because there are only 3-4 unorganized idiots defending the place. Don't give me this "then get organized and group up" ********, because these are usually 'that one guy' in your platoon who isn't where he needs to be, or won't accept your squad invite.

I don't know a proposed fix as capping is part of the game. If I had to think of something I'd put a minimum amount of people needed at base for capture from both empires. At least, on the low-pop continents. We're supposed to fight for our territories and supplies, not run around taking empty bases for 25 minutes.
  2. Ryme

The awkward spawn point permission system is partially to blame. By the time you get from the Warp gate to a facility located on the boarder, it's already flipped.

In reality, ghost capping happens during prime time as well. Most people just don't care enough to deploy out to defend a facility. It doesn't take any "organization" to push off a small squad of invaders, just effort. Mindlessly flinging your corpses at them is more than enough in most instances. Ghost cap defense is what I spend most of my time doing, and it's usually not even a squad of enemies, just 1 or 2 guys with no one even bothering to show up to defend.
  3. Schwak

Continent locking. It's going to be a long wait though.
    • Up x 1
  4. that_darn_lurker

For christ sakes we just got out of beta. Give them a chance to build out the endgame!! ;)

Take a break and come back in January. It will do wonders for your mental health.