Getting killed by invisible enemies

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gammit, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Gammit

I am having an on-going issue with dying. Aside from my horrendous abilities, it seems I am often dying to enemies that I cannot see.. and no, they are not infiltrators, LAs above me, etc.

Example 1
    I will be running as a HA in open terrain with no enemies in front of me. I will then receive damage indicating I was hit from the front. After only receiving about 3 shots with at least 1 a headshot, I die. The resulting screen shows an enemy HA. I doubt somebody could kill me with 3 shots unless the player was very close to me or they were cheating.

Example 2
    I will be running as a HA in open terrain with one enemy in front of me. We exchange fire and I kill the enemy. I then proceed to continue running forward towards an open field. I will then receive damage indicating I was hit from the front. I receive 1-3 shots with at least 1 a headshot and I die. The resulting screen shows an enemy with a name different from the individual with whom I was fighting.

Example 3
    I will run into a building that appears empty before me. I then receive damage indicating I was hit from the front... you get the idea.

Example 4
    I will run into a building that appears empty and back into an empty corner. I then receive damage indicating I was hit from BEHIND... you get the idea.

Render distance has varied from ~1,000 to max and I continue to have this issue.

My best guess is this is related to lag, but testing my connectivity has yet to show I'm having a problem that I can detect. This has only begun happening in the past 1-2 weeks.

Hardware and such:
    Win7 64-bit Pro
    Intel i7 920 OClocked to ~3.6 GHz
    6 GB RAM
    2x Nvidia 560 Ti in SLI
    Gigabit ethernet
    17.5 (avg) Mb/s download bandwidth, 3.5 (avg) Mb/s upload bandwidth

Any thoughts?
  2. Naelyan

just had the exact same thing happen to me, invisible HA with a jackhammer, i could clearly hear his shot but never saw him, neither did the 3 or 4 guys near me from what happened.

I've also been experiencing some lag issues : hit a liberator with a tank shell and it suddenly start warping, jetpack fuel going crazy and recharging way too fast (like it did back in the day when the servers did not need to be merged and their number divided by two) and all the usual hit detection fails and 10 bullet registering at the same time.

I was ready to blame Noobsieben but since you're playing on Mattherson it seems they aren't guilty for once, then i saw that and i'm pretty sure it didn't end well :