Get rid of base building.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ibnuzen, May 19, 2017.

1. Rydenan

Devs are reading the forums! O_O
    Well, let me say that the vast majority of the response to Construction, from what I've seen, has been immensely positive. Honestly, it's a shame the game hadn't gotten it earlier in its lifecycle. Don't let the vocal minority here dissuade you guys; we truly appreciate the continued addition of content to a game that is now going on 5 years old. Keep up the good work, and I'll keep buying station cash! Cheers!
    • Up x 3
  2. SixNineFour

If there was no construction system and those VS still cared about locking the continent, then they would just capture the continent the old fashioned way. With their higher pop, skill and strategy.
  3. Demigan

Please look at this video:
    • Up x 6
  4. Tankalishious

Here's what i dont get about connery TR&NC.

TR&NC rarely create hive bases, VS does and no one nukes em out even though its pretty easy.

VS have ruled conneryfor a long time, yet i see NC and TR do nothing about it. They continue to fight each others in stead of actively focus VS. We had a russian invasion on cobalt some months ago. Massive outpop and they just steamrolled continent after continent, day after day on pure numbers. 99% ****** players just following their leaders orders. VS&NC border went dead pretty soon and started to farm the russian swarms. 2 months later, the swarm gradually desolved and the problem went away. Why cant you coordinate something similar on connery?
  5. Liewec123

so how do you beat your allies when they are passively locking the continent?
    when the goal of the game is to do the very thing that we all despise, lock the contient and boot everyone out of good fights, explain how you win...
    the goal is the thing we hate, if you win it happens, if you lose it happens.
    like i said, this isn't just "this thing bothers me, i should go kill it!" it is a game mechanic.
    • Up x 2
  6. DeadlyOmen

Looks like you sh

ould have done something about it.
  7. CaptCran

Nah, too much time and resources poured into it. I'm surprised there aren't faction specific construction options yet.
  8. DeadlyOmen

No.
  9. Demigan

Because you are afraid if the answer, I get it. Typical strategy of a person unable to understand simple things.

Go back to your torches and pitchforks
    • Up x 1
  10. DeadlyOmen

Wrong (you're wrong a lot, I notice).

It is because I prefer to rationally face challenges rather than try to convince others that challenges should not exist- especially when it cannot be proven by the aggrieved that all options to overcome said challenge have been understood and tried.

This does not mean I do not feel pity for those that do not seek to endeavor. I do; at some level, it must be humiliating.
  11. Demigan

Well I'm not wrong as you still misunderstand even the simple notion of "arbitrary".

Also you havent used any rationale. So thats off the table. And ignoring a video that directly disproves just about your entire philosophy is also irrational, its fanatical... Emotional.

Also just about everyone you talked to on here does not want to remove challenges, and in fact they have tried all the options to overcome the challenge and found out that its an unfair one that removes most of the challenge on the other end.

And yes, your actions are humiliating, and hypocritical because according to you insults are the refuge of the weakminded or whatever idiotic idiom you are spouting.
    • Up x 2
  12. DeadlyOmen

ar·bi·trar·y
    ˈärbəˌtrerē/
    adjective
    adjective: arbitrary
    1. based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.
      "his mealtimes were entirely arbitrary"
      synonyms: capricious, whimsical, random, chance, unpredictable;More
      casual, wanton, unmotivated, motiveless, unreasoned, unsupported, irrational, illogical, groundless, unjustified;
      personal, discretionary, subjective
      "an arbitrary decision"
      antonyms: reasoned, rational
  13. DeadlyOmen

Being able to properly repeat the position of another is the first step in being a credible opposite in a rational dialogue.

You have not done that, therefore you are failing at the first step of establishing credibility.

That you choose to use a term used to describe a mentally challenged person in order to punctuate your words is reprehensible.
  14. pnkdth

The construction system detract from the game rather than adds to it.

Overall it feels like they looked at Minecraft and said, "hey, this is what the kids are doing now." What DGB missed on was exactly what the Counterplay video Demigan posted tackled. There really isn't a purpose for it other than gathering VPs as evident with how the people who build these bases use them. Not even the people building them seem to care enough to defend them a lot of the times. So the result we have a system where few people want to attack them and few people who actively defend them.

Basically, when such a large number of players go "f*** it, I rather this continent be locked than attack that base" you've failed as a game developer. That said, I wouldn't want to go as far as demanding it got removed but its purpose, right now, feels disjointed from the game itself. People aren't saying "Oh no, it is too hard to take it out" rather people know the kind of grindy and boring experience that awaits them. Sure, it might take time but just because something takes time does not mean it is a challenge(well, unless enduring boredom is the challenge you're looking for).

In short, the most damning part of the construction system is that it is boring, not challenging.
  15. DeadlyOmen

It's not changing. Take a break and figure it out instead of pooping yourself in front of everyone.
  16. Demigan

I have done exactly that repeatedly, and you never have.
    • Up x 1
  17. DeadlyOmen

Evidently, you are proud of it. Vile.
  18. No0T

Hahahahha that really sounds to me coming from a guy that build bases that most of the time nobody attacks!!
  19. No0T

ALL OF YOU COMPLAINING HERE LISTEN!! LISTEN TO ME NOVV!!!!

You came to play an FPS and not a builder or a vvarcraft game... SO DO IT... STOP LOOKING HOVV THOSE BASES INFLUENSES IN HOVV CONTINENTS ARE LOCK... YOU ARE A VVARRIOR. SO BE IT AND STOP CARING ABOUT THE STUPID REASON VVHY CONTINENTS GET LOCK OR VVHO VVINS VVHAT BASE...

IT DOES NOT MATTER TO US. IT DOES NOT CHANGE ANYTHING TO US.
  20. BadCoding

^ Doesn't work for very long. VP generators increase in efficency by up to +30% as they're active and work just like a "game ends in..." timer. If not countered appropriately enemies will realize it's an effortless way to win the continent and will just rinse and repeat that everywhere and forever.

People have started locking off areas and taking strategic positions with bases. I'd say that's how I'd like to have my bases because it creates interesting and meaningful battles with what I want within the game, opposed to VP generators that contribute nothing interesting and end the game on a given continent faster. So removing VP generators while keeping all the other features could actually contribute more to the game.
    • Up x 1