"Genocide - T9A Butcher

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Klondor, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Klondor

I love this weapon. I had a lot of fun getting the Auraxium on this.
    • Up x 2
  2. jmdafk

A lot of sneaky shooting hoards in the back (nice one getting into position)
    Im loving the T9 to, but i do make sure fights are on my terms and up close, i avoid going out doors with it or anywhere there are half capable NC or VS heavies.
  3. Klondor

The only time i can get mass kills is by flanking and taking control a chaotic situation. It takes a lot of patience to do so, most of the time it's just dying in stupid ways while trying to get good footage.
    • Up x 1
  4. jmdafk

hahah, yeh when it comes together like some of the footage tho its worth it, both the T9 and the MCG are great if you catch them unaware and reasonably close. I think they arent great weapons in the scheme of things, but used right they are great fun.
    Theres a few max kills in there to, the way they try to escape the barrage is funny :)
  5. Deffington

I tried to figure out of the video, but I couldn't - are you bursting it, or just hold down the button? Would you say that using Butcher is easier than standard Carv?
  6. Klondor

In moments of complete panic, i'll unload and hold the trigger down. But to manage my recoil, i always burst in shots varying between 5~10, or 10~15. Since the butcher's got a 0.3sec spinup time, i only need to put out 5 rounds before i'm "spun up" to 780rpm this makes killing a max a little easier too c:
  7. Klondor

Yeah, the T9, T9A, and T7 MCG are all equaly fun, but now that the butcher is a direct upgrade, i dont use the carv anymore.
    I still think the MCG needs rid of the BRRT attachment, and instead given a significant RPM increase, with some different mechanic around spinning up.
  8. RedArmy

you know, cuz a tri-barreled weapon should be out shot by a single barreled SMG/carbine/AR
    • Up x 1
  9. Klondor

The whole purpose of a multi-barrel weapon is to achieve higher rates of fire than other single-barrel weapons can, solely due to the fact that if you push 3000 rounds per minute out of a single barrel, the barrel will melt/malfunction/explode you know. Hell, if i could have my way with the mini-chaingun, i would give it 1,000rpm with the T4 AMP's damage tier but with a further damage drop off, or the T5 AMC's damage tier, afterall the MCG has a TR CARBINE damage drop off model.
    • Up x 1
  10. AngusPrime

Megalovaniaside 2 is 10/10 as ****, I'm a little jealous I didn't think of using that for a montage myself. Any chances of spider dance being the next bit a music for your next montage?
  11. Klondor

Ne
    Negative, next montage will probably be either MAX (if i can life for 5 seconds without a brick of goddam C4 being thrown from a mile away at me and still killingme with max rank flak armor *inhales*), or another heavy assault montage with just kills, no specific weapon involved, just general good kills or group kills. I'll probably name it one of two things.

• M.A.X. The God of Death
    • M.A.X.: The Doom Bringer
    • Heavy Assault: King of Destruction
    • Heavy Assault: King of Death
    And i'll more than likely use this song for the montage:
  12. Reclaimer77

And nearly every shot is you with your overshield on. Flicking on the shield and holding the trigger down. Wow that's just so dynamic and awesome.

Game is full of people like you who crutched their way to Auraxim LMG's....

*golf clap*
  13. Klondor

I'll try not to be rude when i say this but: You're very wrong.

What i don't show in this video are all of my failed engagements because i didnt turn on my overshield in time to retreat and recover, or when I was surprised from behind, or when someone with a more suited weapon hit my with better aim than mine. Basically all the things that can kill a heavy easily.

I do think you should take another peek and watch the ammo counter from time to time. I do burst my shots quite often, the Butcher also has a new rate of fire+spin up mechanic, so it appears that i'm just holding the trigger down, but i'm not. You should also check my health in a lot of those clips, i almost die in nearly all of them where i dont have the immediate advantage, people say this all the time yet still no one listens: "The easiest/best way to kill a heavy is to shoot them in the head."
    Take it from a person who plays heavy a lot. It's way too easy to kill me if you can aim, overshield or not. If you scalp me, i'm boned, end of story.

The majority of clips where i have no choice but to face someone head-to-head, i almost get my rear end handed to me because they have better aim in the first part of the engagement, but sometimes because my weapon just shoots faster, i can win.
    Besides, the whole entire point of a heavy assault is to soak up incoming damage, and dish it right back. It is *the* front-line combatant class, meant to take out vehicles, maxes and (if you're good enough) multiple attackers in a row.
    • Up x 1
  14. Reclaimer77

But you can also aim for the head, it's not some special anti-Heavy tactic. Meaning against equally skilled opponents, you win strictly because of the overshield.

You're just pure cheese. Sorry, own it.
  15. Klondor

I'm sorry you feel that way, but i want my heavy assault armor and the only way to do it is to what? *gasp* Play heavy assault.
    What's your main character's name? I would like to peek at your player stats please.
  16. Reclaimer77

No need to know my stats. I bow to your awesome MLG skills. Which these days mean flicking on the I-WIN shield and farming easy kills.
  17. Klondor

Mkay. You have a good day now.
  18. Gundem

While you did post this a while ago, I feel the need to inform you that multiple barrels are not only useful for head dispersion. A classic rotary weapon can have such a high RoF, because unlike normal single barreled rifles, each barrel processes it's own round at the same time. So, while one barrel is igniting the round, another has a round in transit, another is discarding a cartridge, another is headed back to refire position, another is loading a round, and the last one is bringing the shell to the hammer.

So basically, you could get the same RoF/even higher with 6 guns firing at the same time, but you'd then also have to deal with heat, which is where barrel limitations come into play. A minigun just takes 6 separate firing mechanisms, crams them into a single, oversized unit and then has it belt feed so that you can actually benefit from the advantages present.

The more you know :D
    • Up x 1
  19. Gutseen

got dem feels 'bout u using recoil scripts.
    at the 0.25 video speed way fkn visible that the cross aint jumpn left-right
    add that to ur kd, and overall lacluster aiming (like u aint hit'n the head in 70% encounters)
  20. Klondor

Lol i'm sorry, what?