Generator Trolling. It as annoying to you as it is to me?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mojo_man, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Mojo_man

Pretty straight forward. I find it particularly irritating to have to spend 25 minutes chasing around a solitary enemy that won't seem to get the picture that they lost the fight to take a Tech Plant or Amp Station or Bio Lab. I can't be the first person to ever realize how little fun it is to be forced to run around putting out overloading generators and patching up destroyed terminals. I'd also like to invite anyone with suggestions for curtailing this to come pipe up. I can't claim to have found any grand insights into the problem that wouldn't cause as much headache as they'd remove.
    • Up x 5
  2. dooder

Yesterday I got killed by a "leftover", the worst part is: There where many people arojnd me doing something usefull but instead he took me.
  3. The King

Seriously?
    I guess I will start doing this if people really get mad and annoyed by something like this.

lol..... you lost your mojo.. the last bit dripped while you were chasing a guy while the veins were thick, the pressure was just too much for your mojo man..
  4. hammyhamm

Suggestion: cert double claymores
    • Up x 3
  5. MrPokealot

If you're just one guy vs one guy you're both probably doing it wrong in terms of base defence...
  6. 47FaraD

Suggestions to curtail? If you know someone is doing this, kill them. AP mines, wait at an undamaged gen, ect. If someone is outsmarting you while doing this, lift your game.
    • Up x 5
  7. Mojo_man

It's not. Usually it's one or two enemy Infiltrators just overloading gens. We kill them, 3 minutes later they're back, doing the same obnoxious thing over and over. Normally I wouldn't refer to overloading a gen as obnoxious, but when you do that and nothing else, where you're clearly never going to accomplish anything but annoying someone for 5 minutes, I can't really think that they're trying to accomplish anything other than to irritate.
    • Up x 2
  8. Aragato

Harassment is a tactic.
    • Up x 5
  9. dragondrop

This. If it's a loner they probably don't have anywhere near to spawn, so just lay low and take him out instead of following him directly in his footsteps.
  10. hammyhamm

Killing their spawn point (sattelite base, beacon, sunderer) should be done before you try to hunt and kill them. I generally plant some claymores then take my mosquito out to scan the outskirts with IR rocketpods and flip sattelites (which are also good points to mine)
    • Up x 2
  11. drNovikov

Sometimes when I need to disrupt enemy force, I infiltrate a base (or stay at a recently captured one), destroy generators, hack terminals and turrets, plant landmines, kill people, shoot down aircrafts which came in for repairs and ammo, destroy freshly spawned tanks and make enemies hunt me instead of fighting my teammates.

This is called sabotage. Some activities require brains instead of mouse skills. Deal with it.

Well, it is a lot of fun to hack those terminals, overload generators and kill engies. Also, it keeps enemy nervous, distracted, annoyed, pissed off, etc, thus making him less effective against my teammates somewhere else.

They'd remove much headache if they gave me invulnerability, teleport, autoaim. So much headache could have been removed!
    • Up x 6
  12. Dubious

Killing gens give good xp and mostly there is only a few people in the base, which you mostly can manage to kill alone for extra xp
    Was at wokuk killing gens for like an hour
    After it blew up it would come a engi to repair, wait for him to repair it, kill him, kill gen, win-win-win
  13. Thefailknight

Unfortunately until Sony decides to disallow ghost capping (Why a single person or even just less than 10 is allowed to shift control of main points in a game that supposedly wants you to play as a team I will never know.) your only real option is to just leave. If your side's zerg is stupid enough not to send a patrol back around to keep it from flipping they probably didn't deserve it in the first place. And yes, these types piss me off too.I can usually kill 1/2 at a time and I'm freaking awful at this game. But once it gets upward of three there's no way a lone defender will drive them off.

Also, lol at the ones saying take their spawn points. The moment they see it being taken they just go take another, or two for that matter. I'd like to see some automated turrets in the generator rooms that are hypercharged till there's at least a squad in the hex. A full one.
  14. Dubious

only way to hinder ghost-capping is to give us lattices
    this will also bring back massive battles at any time of the day
    • Up x 1
  15. The King

This is why they do it. Now they see your reaction on the forums, and they're really ROFLTAO..
    Do not be surprised when it happens more often. Especially when infiltrators get SMGs.
  16. Mordrake

They have a Sundy or a secondary base near. Solve that.
  17. comeonman

I start the explosion process(100pts) you then come in an fix it.

While your repairing that one I run to the next one and start taking it down(100pts).

As you repair that one I run to next and start the explosion process on that one(100pts)

Keep repeating until someone stops me.....was that a 1000pts later before we ran into each other?
  18. Jkar

It's called sabotage and done quite frequently to bases deep inside enemy territory to prepare them for easy capture. Usually they hack the turrets, kill the gens and SCU and then leave without flipping the point.

I make it a point when I log in or there are no big battles going on at my location to go to any major facility on the map that blinks and see what's going on, flip any sattelite bases and pack AT mines to blow up any sunderer I see, repair the SCU and root out the rats and get the base back in working order. Usually the people trying to do that are really bad or badly equipped (infiltrators) and I can take up to three or four of them at once. Most of them don't seem to get the picture after killing them several times without me dying that they should leave, but hey it's easy exp with the +15% defense and kill streak bonuses.
  19. MrPokealot

Well that's just something you'll have to accept. At the end of the day they want certs, and you want certs, and no base is truly player owned short of the warpgates. Maybe you're just worrying too much about ownership when really that's not very fun at all.
  20. PieBringer

It is indeed annoying. However, it's a part of the game. Instead of being in the thick of action on the front lines, they're behind enemy lines slowing things down for their enemy. Need to get an aircraft? Nope, all your terminals have been hacked! Need to jump in a turret to send a bit of suppressive fire at air at a nearby base? Nope, your turrets are all either destroyed or hacked.

It's part of the game, it gives Infiltrators some purpose beyond the stereotyped sniper. If you're having trouble getting rid of a single or even two infiltrators by yourself (not snipers), then you aren't properly trained up to hunt them down. Even someone with specialized gear and insight to an enemy's train of thought will have a tedious experience hunting down infiltrators inside an AMP station.

What they're doing is not griefing, it isn't exploiting game mechanics. They are doing their job by hindering enemy forces whatever little amount they can. Every last action counts, just remember that when thinking whether or not you need that 12th guy's help when you think your 11 guys won't need it.
    • Up x 3